Ratings for Dr. Joseph T. Johnson

Recommended very questionable surgery to a family member. Every other specialist said to stay away like the plague. Also, the doctor is not helpful if you need information for a personal injury lawsuit, even though he was well aware that a suit was pending. After a serious injury, my lawsuit had to be dismissed because the doctor refused to write a very generic letter containing information he previously confirmed to me verbally. I would never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

I suffered a distal radial fracture. Dr. Johnson was the on-call orthopedic surgeon at the hospital I went to. He arrived in golf clothes and wasn't too helpful in answering questions. Seemed like I was putting him in a bad spot by calling him in during his golf game Dr. Johnson incorrectly read my x-ray and believed it to be a clean break. He put in 2 pins and sent me on my way. 2 weeks later during a follow up, he took several more x-rays. He suddenly sent me for a CT scan. Turns out he incorrectly read my x-ray on the date of my first visit/surgery with him. It was not a clean break, but a shattered distal radius fracture. He passed me off to a hand/wrist specialist who fixed his mistake by removing the 2 pins Dr. Johnson put in. During the second surgery the new Doctor put in a plate with 7 screws and 1 pin. Be forewarned with this quack job. Get a second opinion before he performs the wrong surgery!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Dr. Joseph T. Johnson's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)