Ratings for Dr. Sacheen H. Mehta

Dr. Mehta and his staff have always been courteous and professional each time I visit his office. I had a total knee replacement no problems and very quick recovery. I would recommend him to anyone in need of knee surgery.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I've worked in healthcare for many years. I can tell you that Dr. Mehta and his staff are fantastic. People seem to forget that emergencies and unforeseen problems are part of life in healthcare and good doctors are ALWAYS busy. The important thing is that Dr. Mehta and his staff took great care of me. The office functions like a big family. Very welcoming, friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Do NOT go to this guy. Totally inconsiderate of your time - an hour late both appointments. When I finally did get to see him, he was rude and arrogant - just who is paying the bill here?. Appeared to be more concerned with herding a glut of patients through the chute and collecting his $$ than actually doing you any good. His staff wasn't any better. STAY AWAY from this office and supposed doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

The wait time between my appointment time and when I saw the doctor was 1 hour, which was fine. However, Dr. Mehta was very rude and disrespectful to me. He cut me off many times during our short appointment, as I was describing a symptom or answering one of his questions. When I politely asked his opinion regarding alternate treatment options other orthopedic surgeons had suggested to me, he became defensive and rude, calling me "ignorant" and saying I should go "consult with Dr. Google" instead of wasting his time. During my appointment, he dropped the "I've been in this field for 20+ years" line at least 3 times. Okay...that's great, but that doesn't answer the question I asked. What he failed to realize was me asking him questions was not an attack on himself, but rather, because I want to learn as much as I can so I don't re-injure myself. Someone who is so insecure and cannot realize this fact should not have signed up to be a doctor, in my opinion. As a patient, I think it is my responsibility to research as much as I can about my diagnosis, and the doctor should invite questions and encourage discussion with the patient. Speaking with Dr. Mehta felt more like being interrogated by a cop and getting cut off every few words, than speaking with a professional doctor. Our appointment finished with him saying he didn't have time for me and all my questions, throwing my check out forms at the table, and storming out the room.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Mehta is definitely the best orthopedic doctor around here. I have seen 3 in the last 2 years. If I had known that doctors could be so kind and smart, I never would have gone anywhere else.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr Mehta has replaced both of my hips with outstanding results. He is very professional and a competent surgeon. I have recommended Dr Mehta to many friends, relatives and co-workers.Office manager Kathy, is on top of her game and makes sure the office runs smoothly.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Thank god for Doctor Mehta. He saved me from having unnecessary surgery on my knee. Two other doctors said surgery was the only way. Doctor Mehta suggested to try some exercises first and it worked. My knee is feeling great just 30 days later. He said he only likes to operate when absolutely necessary. This is the kind of doctor I can trust.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2012

I visited doctor metha for my cos I got hurt in my knees . He looked @ my knee for 2 minutes diagnosis an lateral meniscus tear, & suggested surgery & ordered MRI. I got MRI done on same day & schedule an appointment with him. Dr metha may be very knowledgeable but he did not address all the issues in MRI. He was still suggesting surgery for findings 'probable tear in LM'. I was not sure if I can totally trust this doc.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

This is the doctor the see! As a nurse at Baylor Medical Center in Plano, I must say that Dr. Mehta's patients do better than anyone else's. His patients walk within hours of having surgery. The nurses go to Mehta when we need an orthopedic doctor for ourselves or our families. We also know him to be extremely personable. His patients all seem to have great relationship with him as well. I highly recommend Dr. Mehta. You will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

Seems to know what he's talking about, good credentials and is most likely a good surgeon. However, it took 3 appointments and an MRI just to meet with him once (the other two appts. were with his PA, who was friendly and helpful), and he didn't even look at the MRI images. He seemed like he was in a hurry the whole time and didn't look me in the eye once. Make sure the additional services they use/recommend (MRI, surgery facility, etc.) are in your network, because the staff doesn't seem concerned with this and you may end up paying toward two different deductibles.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Dr. Sacheen H. Mehta's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Hindi

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Richardson, TX