Ratings for Dr. Julie B. Cohen

She was almost 10 minutes late and spent 20 minutes on the phone with a WRONG number to my insurance company, not believing that I WAS INDEED authorized to see her. The already limited session was now reduced to barely 20 minutes and she refused to make up for the phone call at another visit...saying I'd have to pay at next session. At the end of session, she walked me to waiting area where her next patient was waiting and continued her conversation with me right in front of the young lady. During our session, she wanted to know if my son-in-law was black (due to a couple of reasons preceding) and then wanted to know if my husband was light skinned or dark skinned!! WTH?!! She also put down a previous psychologist saying most of them don't know what they're doing!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Cohen has been seeing my kids during a 730 Custody evaluation for a year. A long, drawn out, exhausting year. She's been a great listener, a great contributor and has really taken the time to get to know the kids and what they need and want. I respect the heck out of her and I really look forward to seeing her when I bring the kids. I wish I could see her sometimes! This is stressful on us Moms too. Highly recommend Dr. Cohen. She's warm, fun and brilliant.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Be aware that you could hear patient/therapist conversation thru the walls and into the waiting room. She was late, rude and unsympathetic to our needs. On the phone, the first thing that's on her mind is how are you going to pay her. She wants to make sure that you did everything to prove that you're able to pay. Afterwards we had to sit and hear her very shallow mind with very limited perceptions of handling problems with our son. Being that my wife only has 6 months to live, she wasn't willing show any sympathy or compassion in helping with our problems.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Cohen is by far one of the best Psychologists I have seen in years. She listens and really works with you on your concerns. She is knowledgable and understanding. I have been treated for anxiety and after only 3 sessions, I have seen major improvements!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011