Ratings for Dr. Elvis Torres

WARNING. This comment is in regards to this doctor's improper destruction of medical records. This doctor destroyed my daughter's records improperly and has no remorse. My wife is currently pregnant and we were requesting the delivery records from her 1st child's birth in year 2000. The state board rules clearly state that doctors must keep these records until the child turns 21yrs old. When I called Dr. Torres office, I was told by Tim in billing that the records were destroyed after 7 years and he proceeded to try and educate me on the state law. After getting lectured by Tim I called the State Board and was told that rule #165.1 clearly states that the records for minors must be kept until 21. Also, I was told that when a doctor delivers he now has 2 patients the mother and the infant. The mother's records can be destroyed in 7 years but the infant's records must be kept until 21 . I called back to try to talk to Dr. Torres himself, after several tries I was finally able to reach him. This was not a pleasant conversation, his attitude seemed to be how dare I bother him with something so trivial and how dare I question his "authority". The story had changed, Dr. Torres now says that my daughter's records were destroyed at 10 years because that was the law requirement. When I told him I had already talked to the state board and was told the retention requirements were 21 he became very hostile and hung up on me. When I called back, his office wouldn't take my call. It gets better, an hr latter Dr. Torres himself calls back and leaves a message on my recording (which I still have) stating that he just called the state board and talked to the director and was told that before 2012 doctors were required to keep records for minors for 10 years and after 2012 it changed to 21yrs . I found this information very suspicious so I called back the Texas State Board and explained what Dr. Torres had said. The State Board had no idea what Dr. Torres was talking about and couldn't find this "Director" he talked to. It was explained to me that this rule 165.1 (which requires keeping records until age 21) has been in the board rules since at least 1997. This whole situation has been very disturbing for my wife and I. In the beginning, if Dr. Torres would have just admitted he made a mistake and apologized I would have accepted it. However, his DECEPTION and lack of remorse is appalling for a so called "respectable doctor" Like the old saying goes, it's not the crime, but the cover up that is the problem. So let this be a warning to future mothers DON'T TRUST THIS DOCTOR TO MAINTAIN YOUR INFANT'S RECORDS. The best solution is to get a copy of the labor and delivery records right away and make a copy and keep it yourself in a safe place. I never thought I would need these records so many years later, but you never know, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I have not even had my baby yet and I am so terrified to deliver with Dr. Torres I am now at 27 weeks pregnant trying to find another OB. At my last prenatal appointment (I haven't even met or seen Dr. Torres yet, only meet with an OB nurse), I was told they had no record of my previous appointment. None. They didn't have my weight, BP, temp, none of the concerns I brought up, NOTHING. This is terrifying and grounds for malpractice. What's even worse, Dr. Torres works with West Houston Hospital. After being hurt and sent to Labor & Delivery to be monitored, I was placed in a room where women were recovering from C-sections. The L & D nurses talked to these poor women like they were idiots. They were beyond rude and uncaring. Then, with my curtain drawn, I hear Dr. Torres arrive. He asks a nurse where the c-section was that he had been called to the hospital to do. The nurse informed him it had already been done. Dr. Torres laughed and said "Well I'm still going to charge for my drive up here!" And WALKED OUT. He didn't check on ANY of the patients (who God only knows who actually did their C-sections since he didn't). He didn't even inquire as to their well-being. He just wanted to make sure he was going to get paid. Smh. Avoid this man and his practice at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I’m so grateful to Dr Torres for all he has done for us. I appreciate the beautiful job he did with my c-section and tummy tuck. People around me can tell the difference and I look slimmer than before. My surgical part healing perfectly and it looks great. he quiet compassion, talent, professional, kind and generous. I’m so lucky to have him as my #1 doctor. God bless you Dr Torres. And by the way other people who wrote negative comments that they never met Dr Torres ,if you ask nurse or front desk lady you want to see him ,he will be available upon your request.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Dr. Torres es el major Dr de Houston por que me atendio de lo major en mi embarazo. Todos en la oficina son muy amables, me arrepiento no aver ido con el en mi primer embarazo. Siempre lo recomiendo a mis familiares.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr Torres always makes me feel comfortable. He is very warm and funny and has a wonderful bedside manner. I wouldn't see anyone else!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

I'm 5 month pregnant . I have been his office 4 times and never met the doctor . Only the staff was taking care of me all my visits . I'm looking for another doctor now.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I am now 7 months along and still have yet to meet Dr. Torres and after today I never will. I made an appt for 9am today and showed up at 8:45. I was the first one there outside of the locked office. 2 other women came and waited as well, but once it was after 9 it was obvious something was wrong. They tried calling, but got no answer and at 9:15 I left to go home and try calling for myself. When I got through on the phone and explained what happened the employee laughed, apologized for laughing then laughed some more as she explained how they moved offices. I made a 2nd trip out to the new office and explained to the receptionist what happened and was told I would not have to wait for the other 12-15 women waiting to be seen, yet I sat there while 5 of them were called. I was livid and the receptionist wanted me to reschedule!!? No thanks! They just lost a patient to the Dr. down the hall of their new office.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

A lady named Sandra gave me and my friend HORRIBLE service at the front desk. She needs to be trained more when it comes to take care of the patients. The Medical Assistant in the back was very nice but she didn't speak ANY English... I go to this office because I trust the Doctor and the nurse Practitian but the way this lady Sandra treated me in several occasions makes me feel unsure if I want to come back or not

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

Dr. Torres is not very private and may discuss your medical problems in front of the waiting room before you see the cashier. Also, I always felt rushed and waited hours before seeing the nurse on duty and the office was always full. The staff is nice but you will probably almost never see Dr. Torres until you deliver. The nurse who never satisfied my questions or concerns and rushed me out of the room every time I was there, forced me to get induced which resulted in a C SECTION. Consider Dr. Torres at your own risk!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. Elvis Torres's Credentials

• Hindi

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1991)