Ratings for Dr. Michelle E. Akler

Dr. Akler recently treated my father for a cataract. She was very easy for my father to talk to. She was very thorough and explained to my father each step of the process leading up to and after surgery so he knew exactly what was going to happen and when. Not only was Dr. Akler very kind but her office staff in Sterling Heights and the staff at the surgery center took wonderful care of my father. We would not hesitate to return to Dr. Akler for any other eye related issues or to recommend her to anyone. Thank you Dr. Akler!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

My cataract surgery was performed with no problems. My eyes were thoroughly examined and the options for cataract lenses were explained to me. The multi focus lenses has eliminated the need for glasses.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

Dr. Akler recently performed cataract surgery on my left eye. I kave had numerous problems with that eye for over 50 years, to include two ulcers in that eye at different times. She was so kind and made sure she took the time to explain everything to me. The day of surgery, I was so scared ! Once again, she was so kind !!! I can't thank her enough. Highly recommend her !!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

Dr Akler performed cataract surgery on both my eyes in October. My astigmatisms have been corrected, and I can do without bifocals for reading, needlework and playing piano. The whole staff takes good care of their patients and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

Went to Dr. Akler after my mother had a positive experience with Lasik. So happy I went here for my Lasik.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

I am over-the-moon happy with Dr. Akler. My surgery was on Monday and today is Wednesday so I may be a little early with my review, however, I am very, very happy. She is personable, polite, informative, and really, really knows her job. I would highly recommend her. Prior to making my appointment with her I saw a different doctor, I felt like I was meeting with a slick car salesman who kept trying to upgrade me to the more expensive procedure. I called Dr. Akler's office with some questions and her Clinical coordinator, Roxanna, returned my call and spoke to me without rushing me or cutting me off and answered all my questions. Nobody in this office rushes you and they all treat you like a human being not just a number.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Dr. Akler and her staff are amazing! They are very professional and caring. Everything was explained in detail and they were able to answer all of my questions. I am usually very sensitive about my eyes but the LASIK procedure was very quick and painless. Before I had trouble viewing from a distance to a point where I could be legally blind.I now have 20/20! I just wish I had done this sooner.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Dr Akler is amazing and I am beyond satisfied with my decision to have her perform my Lasik. Dr Akler and staff were great both pre-operation as well as post. Thanks to Dr. Akler I have 20/15 vision instead of 20/300 and I couldn't be more appreciative!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

After doing research on doctors that perform lasik I decided to go see Dr. Akler. After my consult I felt like she was the doctor I wanted to go to. I got an appointment for less than 2 weeks after. I woke up the following morning and I could see my entire yard! I was very near sighted. During my surgery Dr. Akler explained each step of the process to put me at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Akler!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I had cataract surgery with Dr. Akler. I would highly recommend her and her staff. She is a wonderful caring doctor and has a wonderful office staff. So glad she was recommended to me.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Dr. Michelle E. Akler's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)