Ratings for Dr. Anita P. Pillai

I love Dr. Pillai she has been my doctor for over 15 years and is the only doctor I trust. Sometimes you may need to wait but she is definitely worth it. She listens to you and gives you the time you need and remembers all the concerns regarding your health even if it has been awhile since you have seen her. She has personally called me if I have left a message regarding an issue l have had. There is no better doctor around. If you are looking for a doctor who will put you first look no further she is it.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I scheduled an urgent appointment with Dr. Pillai, and was EXTREMELY disappointed with the visit. I am a young adult in college, I had a health issue, and I was very nervous about going to see a doctor. When I went to see Dr. Pillai, I first spent one hour in the waiting room. I understand things get busy, and although I was perturbed by having to wait the hour, I understood and was complacent. I soon enough saw a nurse, who quickly took my information and vitals, and was told to undress and wait under a paper sheet in the doctor's office. I did as I was told. Again, I am younger - I was nervous already to begin with. After I had undressed, sat on the table, and settled down, I waited a total of another ONE HOUR . Keep in mind this entire time, I was completely overcome with nervousness as it is, and had been anxiously waiting to see the doctor HALF-NAKED for an hour now (TWO HOURS TOTAL). I got up, decided I would not wait any longer, that clearly the patients were not being attended to at an appropriate manner, and left. I still stand by my decision

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

The perfect doctor: compassionate, knowledgeable, up-to-date on treatments, responsive. Her office is very responsive as well, returning calls and scheduling immediate appointments.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

She is always soooo late to her appointment. I would have to wait there for more than an hour usually. Its sad that u are waiting for her and patients who came after u for other doctors get to go right in.. is she helpful.. if you are very aggressive. she is always in a hurry to leave..another problem is that u have make an appointment sooo early.. how r u supposed to know that u r going to be sick in one to two mos. advance. Because she is works in two different buildings, its hard to get ur info. fast as u need it

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

She is a wondserful doctor. Through and compassionate. I am very happy with her.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

She is an amazing doctor. Very polite and very understanding. She takes the time to not only help you with your physical ailments, but with any emotional distress you may be facing. She is very patient and kind and tries her best to explain the disease process to her you in a way that is understandable. She is an amazing doctor and i cannot emphasize how intelligent this doctor is and what an effective communicator she is.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2008

Dr. Pillia is fantastic!! She was recommened to be by my surgeon and he was right on. She is nice and helpful and she listens!! The only problem i have is that everytime you call, they have to page her or a nurse and then you have to wait for them to call back. Also because she is such a wonderful doctor she has a lot of patients and it takes a long time to get an appointment, the wait is worth it though!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

I LOVE Dr. Pillia! I had been sick for 2 years and my doctor kept telling me it was all in my "head." Even my Gastro doctor told me it was all in my "head." For 2 years I slept on the bathroom floor at night because I was so sick all the time. I finally changed doctors after careful searching and chose Dr. Pillai. My first appointment with her, she listen to me talk for 15 minutes and took careful notes. She then spend over an hour with me discussing what kind of tests we should do and what she thought might be the cause. Each visit since the first one, she has spent over an hour with me and ALWAYS listens to what I say. In addition, she is constantly calling me to make sure I am doing ok. She NEVER once told me that it was in my "head" what I was feeling. I cannot say enought about her. She might be running late all the time, but she is definately worth waiting for. (She even called my previous doctor and exlained to him what illnesses I have and that this was not in my head)

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

The first thing out of this woman's mouth was "have you always been this fat?" and then it got worse from there. I chose her from Elmhurst Memorial Hospital's website because she was supposed to be an expert in weight management. This was not the case at all. She was rude, ineffectual, horrible bedside manner, not interested in anything I had to say and I left the appt within 5 minutes as I knew she wasn't the type of Dr that I was used to. I informed the hospital who suggested that I inform the insurance company and the insurance company insisted that I inform the AMA about her behavior and total lack of patient care. I have never seen a Dr so totally out of touch with patient's and their care. I left the office and demanded my payment back for such horrible treatment. I wouldn't recommend this Dr to anyone for any kind of treatment.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2006