Ratings for Dr. Charles E. Miller

I would highly recommend Dr. Miller and his staff. I just had my infertility consult and I only waited 15 minutes and he met with my husband and me for almost an hour. He was extremely thorough, explained the reasoning for each test recommended, put me in touch with his insurance liaison to ensure that everything was covered, mapped out a detailed plan for us, patiently answered all our questions, and was very kind and personable. He was very conscious not to be a financial burden and created a schedule for testing in which I only have to come in two days. He is extremely professional and friendly and made me feel very assured without coddled. I have also had excellent experiences with his staff, especially Lynn and Lisa. They have been so friendly, prompt, and helpful. And yes, there is definitely some back and forth and phone calls that have to be made but that is a part of the process. I am looking forward to continuing to work with Dr. Miller and his team!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

He is a liar. He does NOT do YOU surgery. He claims he VETS his assistants and residents. Well if you want a resident and a Dr. Of Nursing doing your surgery instead of the actual physician you picked go right ahead. He runs atleast 2 surgical rooms at the same time and as you know you cant be at both places at once. So he claims they are prepping you however he make you sign your life away that these OTHERS can do part or ALL of your proceedures. If your gonna pay all that money use a DOCTOR who actually does their own work. You pay top dollar for him NOT his advice or guidance. And as for world renouned oh please anyone can give a lecture. Doctors in Europe have their own experts they would hardly look to him when they have so many others to choose from. Oh yes he is a legend in his own mind and on the propaganda documents he himself puts out there For you to read. FAKE NEWS for real!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Wow, worst time of my life. Hope everyone has two hours every morning to get tests done. If your appointment is at 7am and you arrive 15 minutes early, you may be seen by 8:30 if you're super lucky. During the entire process, you MAY meet the doctor three times. If you have questions you can be sure that it is an inconvienance for the nurses to answer. They will give you incorrect information without checking with the doctor. Good luck if you have the misfortune of reading these reviews after committing to Dr Miller already. Change ASAP.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

After 2.5 years of TTC, I went to see Dr. Miller at 37 years old and thankfully we were pregnant after our first IVF attempt. He was extremely thorough with the testing and while may not have been the most punctual at times, he was wonderful, optimistic, sincere, and extremely knowledgeable. Infertility is a devastating issue for a couple of deal with, and I am so grateful that we chose Dr. Miller. In addition, the insurance companies are nightmares in this process and his benefits department was beyond exceptional in their assistance. We have a healthy 10 month old daughter because of Dr. Miller!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Crooks! Unprofessional! No bedside manner! Uninformed throughout the whole process and insincere staff! The real goal of this place is to rake in the money. Can I give 0 stars?!?!? First the nurses are rude, rush you, don’t know your history when they call you, contradict what they say from one day to the next, send messages at end of day with instructions in abbreviations and don’t explain the abbreviations, etc. (i will say that front desk, blood draw, ultrasound tech and finance people were all awesome). Second, I also went to this dr for 4 months and only saw doc 2 times. He was an hour and a half late both times and rushed us out of the appt. (my new dr has already seen me 4 times in one month for fixed price for ivf). Third, My ivf cycle got cancelled bc I didn’t produce mature eggs. I had come in for a work up Wednesday and they had me come back Thursday for more. I thought this was a good sign that my retrieval would be performed over the weekend. But instead I got a call from a nurse Thursday at 5pm to tell me they were cancelling my cycle and if I wanted to change it to iui I had to make decision now bc I would take shot that night and they were leaving for the day. I was besides myself. No one told me this was a possibility or prepared me and my husband for what the risks were or what our options were. I had to make a tearful decision at work without consulting my husband - Absolutely ridiculous!! Fourth, Then I decide to change doctors and trying to get MY medical records took 6+ weeks and resulted in me physically having to pick them up and threaten I wasn’t leaving til I got ALL of the records I paid to release. The records release staff was unresponsive to ALL of my requests. Needless to say I had to wait an hour. Fifth, On top of it all they had me transfer frozen sperm here in the event they needed to use it. When we changed to iui they said an embryologist would be on hand in case my husbands fresh sample wasn’t up to par. The day of iui my husbands fresh was NOT up to par but low and behold no embryologist was in that day so we were forced to do iui with lacking sperm and BIG SURPRISE -it didn’t work. Finally, On to transferring sperm to new dr and they want me to pay $250 to release our sperm while I’m transporting in my new drs tank. What is that money for??? I paid $150 for storage already!!! You got to be kidding me! And I made an appt to pick up sperm and weird the embryologist wasn’t in. I waited for over two hours for her to arrive. Aghhhh. I will NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone! They want you low stress throughout the whole process but they are the ones causing the stress!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Had 1 consultation with him for a surgery. He didn't prepare me for it at all. He was an hour late for surgery and I had to fast so I was starving because my surgery wasn't until the afternoon. His nurse KATE is terrible and rude. They sent me home with a pain pill I told them I couldn't take. So I had no pain medicine. Had to have a follow up appointment with ultrasound which was scheduled at 4pm. They didn't call me in until 5pm. Then I sat in the ultrasound room waiting for him until 6pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He then came in said some cheesy stuff and sent me home. I waited 2 hours for a 10 minute ultrasound. I don't know how anyone puts up with this.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I am going to Dr Millers office for my second IVF Cycle, unfortunately I miscarried at 19 weeks with my first IVF baby. In regards to Dr Miller, I can only say great things about him. He is extremely thorough, friendly and open to any and all questions my husband and I had about the IVF process. He seems a bit socially awkward at first but once you talk to him, he is actually a really friendly and chatty guy. Now, his staff....the first round of IVF, I had nothing but positive interactions with all of his staff, especially Joanne, at the front desk in Naperville, who recently retired. This cycle, it’s been nothing but a headache which has a lot to do with the new portal they recently rolled out. Instead of leaving voicemails, the nurses send messages through a patient portal. The unfortunate thing is that the portal app for iPhone doesn’t work well and I can’t chech messages from my phone so I have to wait until I arrive home to check on my tablet. Also, I’ve gotten incorrect information from some nurses at the office regarding when my husband begins taking antibiotics, my order for an ultrasound wasn’t put in so I had to go back the same day for my ultrasound....it was a number of different mess ups. As if the whole process isn’t frustrating enough. I feel like the staff need to get their act together. Other than that, Dr Miller is awesome, unfortunately his staff isn’t a great reflection of his office.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I also read a number of these reviews before choosing Dr, Miller. My wife and I met Dr, Miller after 2 unsuccessful rounds of IVF at FCI. FCI couldn't explain why the cycles didn't work. In May 2015, Dr. Miller mapped out our plan. He repeated FCI's tests and ran new tests. My wife did "trial cycles," so that Dr. Miller could confirm why IVF hadn't worked in the past. He was incredibly thorough and he identified the problem. After all of the tests, we did our first round of IVF with Dr. Miller in March 2016. Our son was born December 2016. We are grateful. Yes, it was a long process. Yes, Dr. miller ran a number of tests and double-checked everything. There is no question that he took these steps to give us the best chance at starting a family. Go to him for success, not the fastest path forward.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Miller wasted months of my and my husband's time by not being more aggressive in my fertility treatments. He took a "wait and see" approach because I had persistent cysts that could not be treated with birth control due to a blood clotting disorder. For months I begged for a change in protocol and for months he insisted we must wait and see. We changed doctors to Dr. R**** M***** of Naperville in Dec 2015 and by January 2016 I was on stimulation medicine and starting IVF. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant, and have no doubt that changing from Dr. Miller is the sole reason.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Miller has worked with me for a variety of gynecological and surgical matters that have started since age 14. He also has been taking excellent care also young ages and a strong inheritance endocrinology and reproductive complications for my young daughters. He is right to the point intellectual and especially easy for young daughters to relate to complexities at such young ages. He is also well liked organized and explicit in his requirements to get to the goal and services at the most optimal achievement possible. The front desk staff are very inefficient, rude and not personable or professional ... Especially Joreen. We all agree in her confusing ways and even asked to call back for a doctor that is not even on staff at Dr Miller's office saved in voicemail with other message of her very unprofessional modalities. Unfortunately sets a tone for the front desk. She gives out medical advise and not in line with her position. The nurses are responsive and excellent .

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016