Ratings for Dr. Charles E. Miller

I also read a number of these reviews before choosing Dr, Miller. My wife and I met Dr, Miller after 2 unsuccessful rounds of IVF at FCI. FCI couldn't explain why the cycles didn't work. In May 2015, Dr. Miller mapped out our plan. He repeated FCI's tests and ran new tests. My wife did "trial cycles," so that Dr. Miller could confirm why IVF hadn't worked in the past. He was incredibly thorough and he identified the problem. After all of the tests, we did our first round of IVF with Dr. Miller in March 2016. Our son was born December 2016. We are grateful. Yes, it was a long process. Yes, Dr. miller ran a number of tests and double-checked everything. There is no question that he took these steps to give us the best chance at starting a family. Go to him for success, not the fastest path forward.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Miller wasted months of my and my husband's time by not being more aggressive in my fertility treatments. He took a "wait and see" approach because I had persistent cysts that could not be treated with birth control due to a blood clotting disorder. For months I begged for a change in protocol and for months he insisted we must wait and see. We changed doctors to Dr. R**** M***** of Naperville in Dec 2015 and by January 2016 I was on stimulation medicine and starting IVF. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant, and have no doubt that changing from Dr. Miller is the sole reason.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Miller has worked with me for a variety of gynecological and surgical matters that have started since age 14. He also has been taking excellent care also young ages and a strong inheritance endocrinology and reproductive complications for my young daughters. He is right to the point intellectual and especially easy for young daughters to relate to complexities at such young ages. He is also well liked organized and explicit in his requirements to get to the goal and services at the most optimal achievement possible. The front desk staff are very inefficient, rude and not personable or professional ... Especially Joreen. We all agree in her confusing ways and even asked to call back for a doctor that is not even on staff at Dr Miller's office saved in voicemail with other message of her very unprofessional modalities. Unfortunately sets a tone for the front desk. She gives out medical advise and not in line with her position. The nurses are responsive and excellent .

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

This is the worst doctor I have ever experienced in my life. He is a narcistic maniac. He is enthralled with himself. I believe he also suffers from some sort of antisocial personality disorder. Meaning he has the complete incapability to have any empathy. Maybe he is a good surgeon, but no one is that good. He throws his patients aside like worthless trash after he has made his money. This man is a monster! Run away and run away fast! To be a physician u have to care about others, this guy only cares about himself. I can't emphasize enough how evil this man is!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I went to Dr. Miller after two mc's ttc #2. I will be honest, I read all of these reviews before going to see him, so I saw him with eyes wide open and I am in healthcare so I know a little bit about things. And here's the deal, Dr. Miller is 100% a very competent and professional doctor who knows his s#*t. I don't know about you, but that's what I want at the end of the day. I have two comments for those faint at heart. 1) If you can't stand to wait, go to another doctor - all doctors are sometimes late and 2), he's straight-forward and honest which, believe it or not, is what you need in a time like this. This infertility journey is an emotional roller coaster so don't blame Dr. Miller for not coddling you. He's a busy guy, and is actually a very funny and nice guy when you get to know him. Some may say he's test hungry. I laughed, he's thorough. Had I listened to others and not completed my HSN, we would have never found the cause of my potential recurrent mc's. Dr.Miller was gracious to work within my scheduling constraints to get me into surgery. Arrogant docs don't do that. The only issue I've ever had had to do with a lab tech's rudeness. Bottom line, take your health into your own hands. Take Dr. Miller's recommendations, research on your own and trust but verify anything you doubt. In the scheme of things, he is the best and that's who I want treating me!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

I have had a great experience with Dr. Miller over the past year. He was very thorough with his initial testing to determine the cause of my infertility rather than just jumping into treatment and having it not work. I originally scheduled a consult with him due to concerns with scar tissue. 3 days after the consult my surgery to remove the scar tissue was scheduled. I had complications due to an ectopic pregnancy after our first IUI attempt. Dr. Miller handled it very well and was very kind and apologetic when the complications arose. Dr. Miller is very matter of fact and may not coddle his patients, but that's not what I was looking for. I was looking for a smart, competent doctor who could get me pregnant and that is just what he did! Dr. Miller's staff was also wonderful, especially the staff at his Schaumburg office. I disagree with the review that Wendy is rude. Wendy was my IVF nurse and was always very nice and answered all my questions promptly. Whenever I left a message in the IVF voicemail I received a prompt call in return. Yes you will wait a while for your consultation appointment with Dr. Miller. I probably waited about an hour and a half. All of my bloodwork and ultrasound appointments were on time especially in Schaumburg. My advice is make your appointments first thing in the morning 7:00 am and you will not wait at all! Overall I highly recommend Dr. Miller and his staff!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I love love love Dr miller for so many reasons. He knows what he is doing. I'm so happy going to Dr Miller & know many others that he helped to get Pregnant. My only grip is working with his IVF nurse Wendy is very rude & demeaning when you have to deal with her over the phone. No sure why but for some reason she's just real mean in her speech & attitude. Thank God Dr Miller & rest of staff are so wonderful but if you have to work with Wendy beware & try to get through all her rude remarks because Dr miller is the best & worth it even though Wendy makes it hard to deal with.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. Charles Miller is the most knowledgeable and skilled doctor in this field. I've been to many over the last 8 years and would recommend him to anyone. You want the best of the best and someone who is confident and skilled. Dr. Miller is so far ahead of what most endocrinologists and IVF doctors are doing. I recommend him 100%

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

After having the initial consultation with Dr. Miller, I actually chose two other doctors on staff to do the surgery. I just didn't care for his manner. Fortunately, all staff members involved in the surgery process were great and were available to answer questions and provide information. I would like to add that prior to surgery, all patients must provide a deposit in the case of insurance payment issues. That will be refunded once the payment is received in full. My deposit was just under $2,000 for a December surgery. The insurance company paid in full as of January. It was the end of May when I called in frustration, asking when they were going to refund the deposit money. I was told that Mrs. Miller handles the money and I received a call back saying "the check was in the mail" and I received it shortly thereafter.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

Dr Miller is great, my experience was wonderful and I have been to several fertility dr's to choose the best one and he is it! I would for sure recommend him and his office. Its busy so sometimes yes there is a wait but all offices I have been to have the same wait. FCI in River North is the WORST! Dr Millers office wasn't so bad. I am planning on going back to Dr Miller again soon!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015