Ratings for Dr. Donald R. Johnson

Dr Don Johnson performed back surgery on my wife 2 years ago assuring her it would fix her problem. A year later with no health improvement he suggested a Spinal stimulator surgery. Now a year later no improvement and now sitting in another hospital as my wife receives her 3rd back surgery by another physician outside of Dr Johnson's Southeastern Spine group. Beware. Dr Johnson is an orthopedic doctor that appears to be more interested in driving up patient charges rather than improving health. Never again will we be fooled by his resume, credentials, and BS ads

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Had major surgery the around the first of February. Saw him before the s Had surgery around the first of February. Saw dr. Johnson one time before the surgery. He even sent a PA out to talk with my family after a major surgery. I have requested numerous times to see him since surgery since Im not happy at all with the results of my surgery. I was told it was in the computer to see him , but instead I have sen three different PA's. I had my records sent to me because all three PA's was telling me something different. I am an R.N. an I like continuity of care. Any surgeon that refuses to see his patient after a major surgery is sorry. Makes you wonder why or what may have gone wrong for his refusal!! Glad I have requested and received most of my records. Hate I ever went there!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Out for nothing but the money!! Very rude staff can't believe what they charged me and would not let me make a follow up appointment. To explain their findings!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I had a spinal injection done several years ago by dr. Johnson. My spinal cord was pierced and spinal fluid was leaking. This caused terrible headaches and nausea. When I called I was dismissed and told these were normal side effects. After 5 days of severe pain and many calls to his office I finally got someone to take me seriously! A repair was made after a different doctor there argued with me that a repair was not needed. I was too sick at this point to care or argue back. I have suffered from pain in my right hand ever since. I was also told this was a side effect. I would not recommend dr. Donald Johnson nor the spinal institute of Charleston to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

These comments are directed at his practice - The Southeastern Spine Institute. Other than the surgeon and MRI techs, all of the admin, billing and support staff are unfriendly and seem like they do not like their jobs. I took an EMG test and was left alone in an exam room for 65 minutes as they forgot to do the second part of the test. Their billing manager has not responded to three voice mails regarding charges that do not make sense nor can they itemize or explain. Filed a complaint with the BBB this morning after repeated calls were not returned. Otained new referral to different practice. Heck of a way to lost patients.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

My daughter was referred to him for an MRI-documented herniated disc. When we appeared for her appointment, with her barely walking and using a walker and in obvious pain, she was summarily dismissed because she did not have insurance. She is quite capable of paying the entire bill, and offered to pay in full in advance for every procedure. She was summarily shown the door and we were advised that they do not accept self-paying patients "across the board." I was appalled by the callousness of this policy, especially since she was referred by her internist, was in obvious pain, had an MRI which documented 2 herniated discs, and offered to pay in full in advance. All I could think was that she was spared by their refusal - spared of needless moneymaking procedures by a facility primarily interested in profits in lieu of patient care. I feel she was incredibly fortunate to have NOT seen these folks.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Doctor Donald Johnson III of Southeastern Spine Institute is an orthopedic surgeon who performed an incorrect surgery on my spine by implanting two Charite artificial discs incorrectly. After surgery, My pain was horrific. After 4 months of P.T my physical therapist who at the time worked for Southeastern Spine before it became against the law in SC, told Dr (for which title should be removed due to his incompetence) that some thing was wrong with me as I could complete all of my exercises but when finished the pain came back with a vengeance. He then told me at my next visit to stop P.T. and that he knew I had gone 3 days a week after work for 4 months. He said he was unsure of why I was in worse pain than before surgery. At my 7th month check up he looked at new x-rays, and stated "I did a great job, everything looks good. I think you are going to have to stay on Morphine the rest of your life." He did send me doc from John's Hopkins that discovered I needed life threatening surgery.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Dr. Donald R. Johnson's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Workers Comp