Ratings for Dr. Maria J. Troulis

I am forced to give 1 star because there is no option to give 0. I was looking for an exceptional oral surgeon here in Boston and from my experience the Harvard Program has the best Doctors in the city. So I make an appointment with Dr Troulis, the chief of the oral surgery dept at Mass General Hospital. First, I don't know how a person that is not even a real medical doctor(MD) can be a chief of a Harvard Oral Surgery department. Dr Troulis is a DDS(Dentist) NOT an MD(Medical Doctor). First thing this Lady told me after I explained my problem and showed her my scans( I that she didn't even look at!) was how much it was going to cost me! I didn't ask her for pricing. I went to her for her medical expertise, opinion and after I informed her that money was not a problem, that I just wanted my problem resolved... she just told me that she would check her schedule and give me another appointment to discuss my case. But again to keep in mind that my procedure was going to be very costly. I was shocked that a 'doctor' representing such a prestigious institution Harvard was just looking out for how much money she was going to make on me and not focused on how she would help me. I believe that she just does not know much, just interested in making money. It is a shame if this is what Mass General Hospital and Harvard have become. She makes the Harvard system look like a mill, looking out for profits,not patient welfare. Shame on you Harvard. Helpful?

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017