Ratings for Dr. J. Mitchell Simson

"IMPOSSIBLE" seems to be his new buzz word. I, too, trusted this man with my care for several years, ultimately ending in disaster. He disregarded ongoing physical complaints, attributing them to mental health problems that go along with addiction, refusing to refer to appropriate doctors while believing things were all in my head. Ended up with untreated life threatening chronic illness that would not have progressed as far as it has if he had addressed my complaints years earlier.

Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Simson was my PCP and addiction doctor for six years. I believed I was receiving excellent care. But it came to a horrifying end when I followed the advice of Nurse Advice NM to get IMMEDIATE attention suspecting osteomyelitis in lower leg and mandible that I apparently predated our relationship. When my symptoms soon disappeared after taking strong antibiotic for another purpose causing MIRACULOUS relief the from illness which was bringing me to suicide, Dr. Simson refused to examine me for suspected osteomyelitis. He acted as if he was God and knew everything and told me infection was "IMPOSSIBLE!" I complained to state medical board about Refusal to Treat.

Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. J. Mitchell Simson's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)