Ratings for Dr. Jo Ann Cohen

I was very disappointed with this facility! I met with a counselor there who rents office space at this facility. I had recently changed counselors to work with him because of insurance issues. When I arrived at the facility, I wasn't even sure I was at the right place, because it looks like a run-down house! No signage, broken flower boxes, no railing on the steps! I actually thought I was at the wrong place until I called and was told differently. When I entered, I was met with a very strong smell of scented candles. It was so strong that I had to go outside to wait until it was time for my appointment. Then, when I went to the bathroom, there were 2 dogs running around. I love dogs, but at an office!!! and if that is necessary, why aren't there signs saying that there are dogs at this facility??? I now have to use state insurance and I'm thinking that these doctors have less standards...that they think we have to accept less than great for care...well, my plan is to report this facility, but not the doctor I saw (he was OK). This place is unacceptable!!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr Cohen is a very nice doctor she helped me with my problems and she is very professional i find Dr Cohen very caring

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Incomprehensibly unprofessional. During initial visit she sat on her couch with her feet reclined up, shoes off, staring at her laptop, rarely made eye contact. Dr Cohen also violated HIPPA (privacy/confidentiality laws) by casually telling me what her last patient (who I saw in the waiting room - and could have known)was being seen for! During most of our time she complained about my insurance and said no matter who I go to my treatment would be compromised. I offered to fill out the info required by my insurance for EVERY visit while in the waiting room during subsequent appointments. She seemed to like/appreciate the idea. This was the 1st time in my life I'd gone to a therapist and they not only didn't schedule my next appointment, but in fact said someone would call me AND NEVER DID!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014