Ratings for Dr. Angelo J. Colosimo

Went a year on crutches before he did surgery. Never spent more than 2 minutes in the room with me before he left with his swarm of medical students. Every time he entered the room he acted like he was a rockstar doctor. Bragging that he used to be the Cincinnati Bengals doctor. Had 2 bad surgeries by him before I wised up and went to another doctor for a second opinion. Found out my pain was coming from one of the screws he put in my knee/leg.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2019

Dr. Colosimo did shoulder surgery on my daughter last year when she was 19 and we had got the run around from many of other doctors. He just did shoulder surgery on her other shoulder last week. My daughter has type 3 ehlers danlos. Dr. Colosimo has been amazing through it all! Couldn't ask for a better doctor! Would highly recommend him especially for shoulders!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

I saw Dr. Colosimo in 2006 for a knee that I had fallen, twisted & it popped on my way to step aerobics class; after falling I was unable to stand back up on my leg whatsoever! Dr. Colosimo saw me immediately & recommended; arthroscopic surgery to repair tears in the meniscus, torn ligaments and to clean it up; After 3 arthroscopic surgeries back2back & recurrent dislocation of the right patella he decided I needed the Fulkerson procedure. After 6 months of healing, post op therapy... I am proud to report 12 years later that I am still humbly grateful that I was luckily referred to Dr. Colosimo. He provided for me a positive & promising future w/no pain & no problems!! Thank you sincerely - Dr. Colosimo ~ XoXoX

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

He did knee replacements on both of my knees! He did such a great job. My knees are doing fabulous!! He is a really nice guy and I love his staff. If I had another knee I would have him do it!! Lol!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Not only is Dr. Colosimo an extremely competent doctor, he is kind, caring, and funny. I'm thrilled I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

He spent less than 5 mins before shouting out it's the text book definition of meniscus tear, all he wants is to make money performing unnecessary surgeries, I am not exaggerating but worst experience with any doctor so far . Don't go

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Got to see the doctor?for approximately 5 or 6 minutes. Most of that time he spent (yelling) at his assistant. I have my right bicep torn from my elbow, I am 64 years old and have lots of years left. His assistant recommended surgery,but, when the good?doctor came in took a quick glance at my x-rays, started yelling "Do you want to do this surgery ? Are you in charge here ? I would'nt touch this with a 10 foot pole !" 1derfull manners for a jackass ! My dog, I would'nt send to him ! I am now hunting for a doctor who is NOT a legend in his or her own mind !

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

He is negligent and we plan on filing a complaint with the medical board and taking legal action. He botched an elective surgery, performed a second surgery and then refused to see me when I could not bend my knee after several weeks. I got 2 second opinions, and was told what he did was malpractice by the other docs. I had to have a 3rd surgery to undo what Colosimo did, and now I will never be able to play soccer again. I had to withdraw from school, and now am deeply depressed. Please DO NOT let this happen to you!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Colosimo performed tommy john surgery on my daughter Mikayla Giordano, like an amateur. The tendon was the wrong size , he never moved the nerve and as we speak she is in surgery . Having it redone the correct way. And also be aware he is not a hands on doctor, We saw him twice throughtout. BEWARE.Also 2 months after surgery in 1 of his reports he referred to her as another student in a different school and a different sport.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr. Angelo J. Colosimo's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1984)

Coventry Healthcare