Ratings for Dr. Jan M. MILLER SCHWARTZ

MY Dermatologist recently passed away & Dr. Schwartz took over his patients. I called to make an appointment & they were VERY RUDE & UNACCOMODATING!!! Roxy was a nightmare to speak with so I asked for someone else to assist me & she said no one else was available. After reading the comments here, my suspicions were confirmed! I will be cancelling my appointment due to my interaction with Roxy!! I hope Dr. Schwartz reads these reviews & discovers that she just lost 2 new patients due to Roxy's attitude!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Excellent Dermatologist with lot of experience. Very kind and does her job exceedingly well.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I must say this that Dr. Jan Schwartz is the most kind hearted and highly experience Skin Doctor I have ever met so far. I went there with my wife first time as my wife needed attention for some kind of Cyst infection. She took care of the problem in no time and with minimum wait. I see some reviews stating that there is a long wait. I did not see that at all. We were taken inside her office on our appointment time and we were out in pretty good time in spite of minor surgery she performed as an outpatient. As far as waiting period goes individual should understand that each patient medical problem varies and when you go to specialist such as Dr. Jan we should be prepared to expect some reasonable wait time as sometime she may end up doing outpatient surgical work on may patients in a day and that cannot happen quick. She was so gentle with my wife and she even called me and explained me clearly what procedure she performed and why so that I am crystal clear what we were there for. She also works with patient with her kind heart making sure patient who cannot afford to pay with high deductible insurance she shows different options and helps them out. What more can I expect from a doctor like Jan who in a all respect takes care of each patient with utmost care. She has over 40 years of experience and lady is gracefully doing her job exceedingly well. God Bless Her. Me and my wife would highly recommend her for any Dermatologist procedures.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Schwartz came highly recommended, but we just haven't had good experiences. The wait times are horrendous, and she acts as if she's doing us a favor by seeing us at all. Her bedside manner is terrible. One would think that a doctor with her many years of practice would know by now how to work with difficult patients like my elderly father, but she does not seem to have acquired that skill. I would not recommend her at all. She's simply unpleasant and hasn't really treated him at all. His previous dermatologist, who recently retired, was wonderful and was able to treat him effectively, but Dr. Schwartz is incapable of or unwilling to do so.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

my appointment was for 1:15, I was on time. Waiting room had about 6 people there, I was told when I scheduled the appt and assumed I would be one of the first to be seen after lunch! I was put in an exam room around 3:15 and the dr came in around 4:30 with no apology. My visit was over by 5. I heard the nurse tell her there were two more patients to be seen...I didn't want to be rude or I'd have asked why was I at the end of the line to be seen and probably lost my cool!! Im sorry to say I may be looking for a new dermatologist. If I go back I will make the first appointment of the day. I can accept having to wait an hour or so but being there for nearly 4 hours was unacceptable and intolerable. No excuse other than they are overbooking the dr. Poor office management IMO to make this a routine issue.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

I don't like to switch doctors, which is why I stuck with Dr. Schwartz through several negative experiences. Each visit to her office resulted in a wait exceeding 2 hours. In some cases, I would spend all afternoon in her waiting room. Once she finally got to me, she always apologized, but rushed through the exam, writing multiple prescriptions, some of which I had no idea what they were. I had an issue with something she prescribed being so expensive, my insurance refused to cover it, as there was no cheaper generic equivalent. When I had to call her office about prescribing another medication, she got on the phone and yelled at me and told me she was too busy for me.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

I showed up 10 minutes before my appointment and checked in and filled out all my paperwork and turned it back into the front desk. I noticed the waiting room was pretty full as I waited, but as time went on, no one was being called back. After 30 minutes, finally 1 person was called back. I started getting annoyed that it was so long after my scheduled appointment time, but was trying to be patient and understanding. Finally I went up to the front desk to ask how much longer it would be till I would be able to see the doctor. The receptionist said there was only one person in front of me. This didn't do anything to make me feel better since only 1 person had been called in the 45 minutes that I'd been there. I waited for another 30 minutes and I finally gave up and told the receptionist that I couldn't wait any longer and had to leave. Even if I were to be called back at that time, I don't think I want to have a doctor that didn't appreciate that my time is important too.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

Dr. Schwartz was very generous with her time and sharing her knowledge; we went home well supplied to deal with severe acne and today my son's complexion is clear and lovely to behold; after a total of 3 visits. I am taking my daughter to her next. Her staff works very rapidly with her. Intelligent and humane.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I did have to wait about 2 hours like everyone else says so I did have to give a one on that. As for Dr. Schwartz herself, I loved her and have already recommended her to a friend.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Worst Dr. I have ever been to. She was very rude. The nurse stood in the hallway and asked me what was the reason for my visit with the door open. She did this with the other patient too. Waited 2 1/2 hrs. I had Two pt's in front of me. She put everyone that came after me first. Dr. saw me for 3 minutes. Told me I had rosacea but prescribed me a fungal cream. I would never recommend Dr. Jan Schawartz to anybody.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

Dr. Jan M. MILLER SCHWARTZ's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)