Ratings for Dr. Ingryd J. LORENZANA

Dr. Lorenzana is very kind and helpful, she is far one of the best doctors I've had, I traveled all the way from Chicago to schaumburg to visit her facility. I was glad I did, the staff greeted me as soon as I came in they were polite and very helpful. They answered all my questions and within 10 minutes of my arrival I was pretested and dilated. While i was waiting for my eyes to dilate i was looking at frames and the staff took their time to show me different frames. Then I met with Dr Lorenzana, she was very nice and she took really good care of me. She didn't just check me and moved on, she actually took her time to know me a little better, answer my qustions and she was very proffesional. Dr Lorenzana is very positive, I must say her facility is one of the best I have attended and I certaintly recommed it.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

My experience at Advanced Vision Center was one that i will truly never forget. Upon enetering the establishment I was immediatly greeted by a staff member as if they have always known me. Coming from several other doctors in the city this was the first time I had ever been greeted in such a polite and welcoming manner. I was given a quick new entry patient form to fill out and within ten minutes I was given a very thourough pre-test examination. The girl who was helping me carefully took the time to go through all the machiences and explain what was being done. After my pretesting and dialation were complete I was seen by Dr. Lorenzana. She is the best optometrist I have ever seen. She was very kind-hearted and compassionate towards helping me. She did a very thorough examination and talked to me in a a manner that I could understand. Her overall persona was very welcoming and family oriented. I would highly recommend her to anyone else that needs an eye exam.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

My whole family had a great experience. Doctor Lorenzana was excellent!!! She explained everything to us and answered all questions asked, the staff was very attentive and knowledgable. Will recommend to my friends.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Great experience. The staff was very helpful and actually made the tedious task of selecting glasses fun. The doctor spent a lot of time with me and had some very cool video equipment that she used to show me exactly what was going on with my eyes. More than just an exam, I learned a lot too. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Lucky number 7....that's my nickname for Dr. lorenzana. I was suffering from double vision. Within the past 3 years I've gone to six other doctors who have not been able help me inspite of multiple expensive tests. Dr. Lorenzana was the seventh and she figured out my problem. She's my lucky number 7. Unlike the other previous six doctors, she listened to my problem took her time to address my situation. She explained my condition very clearly and provided me with information about my options. I highly recommend her if you want a doctor who will listen and explain things to you. If you're looking for an eye doctor who takes your problems seriously, listens to you and doesn't rush you in and out... GO SEE DR. LORENZANA Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

We have been unsatisfied with Dr Lorenzana after several appointments. My wife took my son in for eye exams and the staff was incompetent. They did not complete all the exams and then during the consultation they said they did not have enough data. Then we asked for a report and the doctor has been repeatedly late getting us the report. She told us it would be done by a certain date but then it is a couple weeks late. We are trying to get our records and leave her practice. We got the feeling she is very disorganized and is far behind in her practice's work. My wife and I went to an appointment and were the only people in the waiting lobby but she was running behind by an hour. Also, when we got the bill from the insurance, it had been billed as the wrong service and our insurance rejected it. I think you should stay away from her, she is slow, possibly incompetent and very disorganized.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

This doctor believes in both conventional and holistic practices. They had several machines to test your eyes in different ways, then the doctor uses other machines and techniques to look at your eyes further. My husband and I went to see Dr. Ingryd Lorenzana yesterday and she was a very people person which I like about her. She explained the whys and listened to what's going on with us from our eyes to our overall health. We didn't feel rushed getting out of there and she took the time to let us ask her questions and concerns. Her staff were friendly as well. They explained in detail what my insurance covers and what doesn't. Their main focus are on children and help them build/strengthen their eye muscles which is important these days. The place is small and it did gets busy and you might have to wait for awhile. I think she's worth the wait, she doesn't rush you to get out as she treats you like you're the only patient in the office.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I went for a regular checkup only to have my prescription increased so much that it actually hurt my eyes. Her response was, “Well sorry but that’s what you need” She then proceeded to offer me “eye muscle training” for 3,000$ and recommended some “omega vitamins”. Worried, I sought a second opinion with an Ophthalmologist. After the visit with the specialist, he told me my "new" prescription was 10X what I actually needed, and this was causing me pain. By that time, I had already spent over 400$ at this incompetent woman’s office. She exhausted all my insurance benefits and refused to refund/exchange the overprescribed contact lenses she sold me. Her one and only optician,is rude& walks around with an under deserved air of superiority. I suspect the only reason why she’s gotten away with such terrible healthcare is because she is one of the few Spanish-speaking optometrists in the area and she takes advantage of her own people. TERRIBLE "doctor". TERRIBLE staff. TERRIBLE EVERYTHING!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Had a great experience. Doctor Lorenzana was great!! She explained everything to me!! The staff was very attentive. Will recommend to my friends.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

My experience with optometrists: 1) They don't like what they do, 2) They think they're God, and 3) They have no personality. Dr. Ingryd Lorenzana is the contrary to all of my experiences. In fact, she is a well trained, over-schooled optometrist who applies what she knows with a smile. The best judge of character are my children. Since my girls love their optometrist, she's a 5 STAR RATING in my book. Dr. Lorenzana has been a faculty at two different optometry schools, yet she is down to earth, isn't over-inflated and has a warm personality. I recommend her professional care to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Ingryd J. LORENZANA's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal