You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robert K. Allen

Dr. Allen was the leader of my team for colon-rectal cancer in my eyes. He was swift to get things moving along, from testing to my next phase of care. He directed me to a wonderful hematologist and a radio-oncologist that were on pr with his excellence. My surgery went better than expected, as has my whole recovery.. I wish there were more like him so everyone has such a positive experience during the darkest time. I find his manner, expertise and responsible concern a cut above the rest. He is also, a beautiful surgeon. Bless his practice and life ~ for he surely gives us his all when we are in his care. 5*'s plus! I have not heard a negative word about this surgeon, but rather, his life saving abilities instead. I find his warmth and availability quite refreshing... I know the difference. I was neglected by others over the years also, so Dr. Allen comes to a patient as a god-send in an extreme time of need... bless his heart!!!! Joni

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Allen was a very kind and good surgeon--very attentive. When I had some problems post-operatively, he was always very available and willing to deal with it.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

He is the best of the best. I have never met anyone like him. He is so caring and goes the extra mile. Any time of day or night he has been there. It will be sad day when he retires!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2008

Contrary to the other glowing comments here, my experience with this doctor was quite negative. He was dismissive, unconcerned, and inefficient. He insisted that I had an infection, and when he discovered that I had colorectal cancer (stage II-III), he gave my husband and me the impression that my case was not at all of importance or concern to him. He did not try to get me rapid service for further exams (CT, etc. which my oncologist insisted on, and got, almost immediately), and forgot to send reports to him. I felt as though my presence irritated him, or made him yawn, neither of which bolstered my confidence. He was uninformative, unhelpful, absolutely unsympathetic. On performing the tumor biopsy, he cut through my rectum and assured me that it would heal fine. It never did, and I have been left with permanent damage. Malpractice-- out of the question as I am now not in any state to persue this type of disagreeable experience. I recommend that patients beware.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Excellent surgeon. Probably the best in the whole bay area. His follow-up is as good as any I have ever had.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2006

Dr. Robert K. Allen's Credentials

HealthPartners

Updates

• First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert K."

April 8, 2012