Ratings for Dr. Vatsala Topiwala

Rough exam for a 2 year old. She spoke to my baby and expected him to act like an adult. At one point I had to tell her to stop because she was scaring him. She should not be a pediatrician. I question her knowledge as a doctor. She was basically no help at all with his rash and fever. She even told me medical "facts" that were absolutely not true. I came home and changed my PCM.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

We avoid her each time we can, but that Saturday she was the only doctor available. She sent my son home with a bandage while his thumb was developing an infection, visibly swollen and extremely tender to the touch. An Xray was performed and cleared him from a sprain or broken bones diagnostic. Her conclusion was that we should have iced his thumb. We took our son to the ER right after our visit where the infection I suspected was confirmed. They drained his thumb and set him on antibiotics for 9 days. She did not care for our input, showed no regard to our 8 year old boy's pain while examining him, showed no patience when he was trying to clarify his answers... Had we waited over the weekend he might have lost his nail. Spare yourself and go straight to the ER if she the only doctor available.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

One of the best of the best doctor very accurate in her dignosis

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016