Ratings for Dr. R. Douglas De Mott

Before I visited, his secretary said they don't take insurance, so the bill is my responsibility. Dr. De Mott is friendly, does his own work, though he lacks focus. After being seated in the dental chair, his secretary entered and said I only had $100 insurance left. I said I had more than that. She rechecked and said she read the amounts backwards, I had $800. Two weeks later she left me a message that my insurance covered the cleaning but not the exam. So, I owed. I called, wondering why she checked what my insurance had left but not whether they would cover the charges. She said when she called my insurance, they told her about one exam in April, not the one in March. I said it didn't help to check my insurance without getting what they would pay, and I wondered why I should be using Dr. De Mott's services. She denied responsibility, said she never requests a pre-determination for a cleaning, and said I should complain to my insurance. I paid my bill.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012