Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Honigman

My children have been seen by Dr. Honigman for years and we love him. He is awesome,funny,and very caring. I like how he always greets my boys according to their personality. Dr.Honigman is great and his office staff are excellent and respect your privacy. A+++ for them.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

My daughter was a patient of his back in 88, comment was "come on kid, I have other sick patients to see". He was scared of his roughness and refused to open her mouth. Took her to ER, she ended up having strep. Never went back.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

He is not very good with children. He whines. His office is a mess. When he doesn't know the answer to something he says it is a mycoplasm. On the other hand, Dr. Levine is THE BEST. Only requested to see him and the staff knew that. I miss him and wish he did not leave.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Went to him until about 8 yrs ago. He was not very comapssionate, or kind. He handled my child[ren] rough, and for 4 yrs told me not to worry about it. Then, he started saying we have a problem. Also, once when he was the doctor on call, he hung up on my husband, saying he couldnt be bothered with my sons ear infection problem! My husband took him to an emergency room,where an inner ear infection was diagnosed. When we came to his office for a follow up, he apologized for hanging up on my husband. Not long after, my children stopped being his patients. The receptionists used to make excuses for him. He was divorced twice-thats the reason, bad divorces??? Dr. Levine is sooo much better at dealing w/kids.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

He was my pediatrician until I was 18 and he scared me. I do not know why he works with children.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

He rushed not just my son and I, but the rest of his patients out, he isn't very compassionate about children's normal behaviors such as crying when they get a shot, or being irritable when they are sick. I'm a pediatric nurse, and I was floored at how incredibly and unnecessarily rough he was with my infant son when handling him during an immunization. The top was when I was told by an ENT that the Dr over medicated my other son for much too long for an ear infection, refused at my request for a referral to an ENT, and caused a temporary (close to permanent) hearing impairment in my now four year old. He did far more damage than good with his lack of knowledge and prescription pad. He was rude, quick with me and spoke down especially when questioning anything he was telling me in regards to my son's health. I was much less than impressed and would not advise anyone to see this doctor. However Dr. Levine is wonderful, & was my pediatrician back in the day, & the staff is fabulous too.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Dr. Honigman was knowledgeable, approachable and has a great sense of humor! Some of my girlfriends go to him and they all think he is a terrific doctor. I would highly recommend him and so would my kids!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Fine doctor. Trust you kids to him!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2004

Dr. Richard E. Honigman's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1976)