Ratings for Dr. Sheikh M. Ilyas

Dr. Ilyas was excellent. Very calm and pleasant in all of the visits I had with him. He was very professional and didn’t put any pressure on me to get a correction for the previous dental work I had from another dentist. I also appreciate his tips and advice along the way. He is a great doctor and this is a great dental office.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

The doctor is heavy handed and rushed. The office building that the office is housed is in disrepair. My mouth felt traumatized and the first time I felt pain after a routine novacaine shot many days after the shot was administered. He is not patient with pain issues and choses to drill first to see if there is pain then give numbing. Unnecessary amount of X-rays and blood pressure taken to increase billing costs. The qualifications of NYU are in Continuing education courses. It is deceptive because it looks as if he is a graduate of NYU dental school. Not the case. Only a continuing ed course. I would not go to him again nor recommend him to anyone. I would certainly not let him sedate me or do any implant or dental surgery. The only good think I can say is he has an office assistant who is bright and does the sterilization. I was confident that this person did a proper sterilization of instruments at least I hope so.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014