Ratings for Dr. Steven K. Jacobs

I saw the doctor for literally 3 mins so he might be competent. The PA who does the bulk of the examining however is not. "That back brace looks soooooo good on you". Direct quote. Thanks for your years of medical expertise. That's what ended a substandard exam (I was coming for a second opinion and had received numerous appropriate functionality exams). Really disappointed in the level of professionalism.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Needed a surgical 2nd opinion. After redundant questions by an unimaginative assistant, Jacobs sauntered in clearly annoyed. Now, I'd stated weeks ago that this was a 2nd opinion. When I repeated so to him, his demeanor transformed. My wife and I were amazed -he just wanted to end the session. "Sure do it, tell Dr. __ I said hello". Then he stood and walked out, followed by assistant, nary a word. No big bucks from this patient? "Take a hike pal." --At least thats how it felt to us. I do not make this critique lightly, but his dismissive and abrupt mannerisms should not be ignored. ADDENDUM - had he been able to see me sooner, I might have been going with him and using someone else for a second opinion. I am so glad that's not how it happened. I am not into condescending and arrogant specialists. You can do better, folks.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. Jacobs is an excellent surgeon, I have referred many of my friends to him

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Jacobs and staff gave me my life back! Any derogatory reviews are unwarranted. If anyone is in need of a professional, knowledgable neurosurgeon, look no further!!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I've been in pain for months after many previously failed neck surgeries. Dr. Jacobs performed my surgery in January and thank god he did. Great doctor, great staff. They make me feel as home like as possible. Great experience and I would refer anyone!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

The doctor seemed very tired,and he had you wait too long to see him. At one time he had very polite staff members ,but the last few times I saw him they were talking with themselves and then they would talk with you. He did have a very hard time dealing with my complex back injury it took a long time for him to find out what exactly what was wrong. And I thought it was very odd that when you went to see him with your MRI he would read it off of his lap instead of putting it on the x ray light located on the wall. For instance he was looking at my cervical MRI from his lap and had said nothing was wrong and as I was leaving he says oh you have a herinated disc. I t was very strange behavior. I would get second opinion on back issues.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

Dr. Steven K. Jacobs's Credentials

• Farsi

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Delta Dental