Ratings for Dr. Cristina G. Mondragon

I came to Dr. Mondragon because I'd relapsed and had reached out to multiple practitioners previously who'd refused to take me on as patient. It took a lot to acknowledge that I needed help. I was frustrated that nobody would help me and Dr. Mondragon took that frustration personally. She proceeded to talk down to me like I was mentally challenged, or like I was 3 or 4 years old and not capable of understanding the English language. I asked her to not talk down to me like this. She chastised me for not reaching out to her for help. I told her 1) that I'd reached out for help from other health care professionals twice in the past month and was turned away; and 2) that I was here now, in the present moment, asking for help. I asked for a medication that I'd ask for ( an anti nausea med) that she's routinely prescribed to me before. Without any explanation, she promptly refused to prescribe me the medication. She didn't even have the decency to look me in the face when she told me no. She talked over me multiple times, refusing to hear what I had to say about other practitioners refusing to take me on as a client. I left the doctor's office that day feeling incredibly humiliated, hurt, and angry.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

My experiences with Dr. Mondragon have been excellent. She is positive, reassuring and thorough, yet also candid and direct -- all qualities I appreciate in a health care professional. I have never felt rushed talking to her.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Long wait times, lack of compassion, lack of respect,arrogant, rude, rushed...I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I am proactive to maintain my health while dealing with chronic health conditions and has hoped to receive assistance afyer my other primary care doc left her practice. I should have read the negative reviews before scheduling. My 1st appt was only scheduled for 20 min then the next two 40 min appts cancelled the morning of. When I was finally seem again, I waited over an hour...no med history reviewed, no connection or compassion. I was rushed out in 20 min again. I would not recommend this doc to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Definitely one of the best doctors I have had the privilege of working with .

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

This is one of the worse doctors IMO I've ever seen at the Portland Clinic. She is an arrogant know-it-all who doesn't want to listen to her patient. She became on the defensive when I asked her about my medical condition and at the next visit played verbal games with me, made verbabl threats and said I should go back to my old doctor. She obviously has no respect for her patients and wants to attribute everything a patient suffers from to anxiety.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I have very mixed feelings about this doctor. She's very knowledgeable but often is very rude.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr Mondragon is patient, kind, knowledgable, and has a warm bed-side manner. She took the time to explain her diagnosis and recommendations with me thoroughly. I have been incredibly pleased with my experience each time I have left an appointment. I would recommend her to anyone in need of a physician.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I am currently seeking other individuals who have also had a negligent and unprofessional experiences with Mrs. Christina Mondrigan and who are willing to share their stories and experiences with me. Please contact me, Andrew, at 503-351-4557 or at andrewloriego@gmail.com. Thank you. Andrew Loriego

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Every visit I have had with this doctor has been pure misery. As other commenters have said, not only does she not listen, she will interrupt you while you're trying to explain your symptoms. She makes little to no effort to assess your condition beyond the lab test. I have left two appointments with her in tears after she insisted that my pain is my own fault and that I'm expecting too much from her to address it. Hands down worst medical experience I've ever had. Her staff is also fairly aggressive and the clinic as a whole has a problem with coordination.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Very mean doctor. Has mean streak. Discouraged me from ever going to see a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014