Ratings for Dr. Russell N. Cecil

I saw Dr Cecil on TV being interviewed by Bonita Zahn and I was very impressed with what he had to say about bone on bone with your knees which I was told By Albany bone & joint center so when I listened to dr Cecil 's interview on his thought & professional advice as to having knee replacements which I was told I need but am too young by Schdy ortho & Albany bone & joint. I said to myself well I need a third opinion & I knew it was time to see dr Cecil. I made the appt. went to my appt & as soon as I met him I just knew he was going to help me & give me the correct information that I needed. I got exrays done met with him & he gave me totally different results than the others. I do not have Bone on bone. I have Artritis ! He said I want to try Cortizone shots today & see if it helps cause the last one I got didn't , I actually felt worse & it killed me when the Schdy Doct did it . Was told he probably did it in the wrong spot. Dr Cecil did them & felt nothing . It's been a week now & I do have some relief. Tomorrow I'm getting a MRI done on my right knee which is more painful than the left . So I'm excited about these results for tomorrow . I feel very comfortable with dr Cecil's plan & loved his bedside manner & left there finally feeling like I can trust him & he's going to help me be as much comfortable as possible to have a normal life ( considering the pain) for as long as I can till probably down the road we could be talking Knee Replacements!! Which as of today he wants this to be our last Resort!! I'm thankful for catching his interview!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

This guy is awesome. You wanna break something just to have him as a Doctor. Saw me on time and has no need to do unnecessary surgery. Great manner with young people. Keeps himself in top shape. Well educated and eclectic.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr. Russell N. Cecil's Credentials

• Cooper Medical College (Grad. 1978)