Ratings for Dr. James M. Noel

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Noel since 2008. He has a really strong personality, can be almost stern with us to the point where he can make you feel like a child that he is disciplining. He told me to check our daughter's poo every time she went to see if it's the correct consistency (she has issues with constipation). I told him that our daughter is very shy and it would be a little embarrassing for her to do that but that I would try. He raised his voice and said something to the effect of: "You're the parent, she is not the boss." I didn't disagree and felt small after that. He then turned to my daughter & said: "You will show your mother after you go, RIGHT?" He isn't mean. Just...firm and very direct. He seems like a good doctor, although his staff is a little so-so as far as doing call backs and such. They always get my daughter's name wrong every time we go, too. That's kind of annoying. I'm still not sure if my daughter has been properly diagnosed, but I trust in Dr. Noel.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013