Ratings for Dr. Beth A. McGuire

She made me very upset. Told me things my family had done to me where acceptable because I was a problem child and has spent the entire session telling me what's wrong with me. She was not kind and seemed like she didn't care. I brought up suicide and she said it was selfish. WORST ONE YET

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Beth is nothing like those that have rated her here. She is Kind but firm. She gets straight to the point. These parents that have said things probably didn't like what she said to them. I feel that a lot of people dont like to be told that they are not perfect. She actually cares and never says anything in the sessions with my child without asking him first. Excellent Therapist. She also tries her best to be fair to all parties but if she see's you could be the problem she will tell you. That is one of the things I adore about her!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Biased towards one parent. Kids HATE her because she repeats comments made by them that are said in session, which are supposed to be confidential to the offending parent, causing the kids to get in trouble from that parent. Kids need therapy but are afraid to express their feelings or emotions . Worst Psychologist ever!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Rude, unprofessional, horrible business practices. Tried to charge me for fees I didn't owe. Sent me to collections. WTF?!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Unprofessional. Made the kids feel bad about themselves.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr McGuire had some preconceived idea of what she believed the issues were. Rather than explore both sides of the conflict seemed to seek evidence that backed her theory. Refused to answer straightforward questions regarding her experience and training. There are a couple of concepts in the mental health field that Dr McGuire should consider exploring before she does any more harm to children: counter-transference and Parental Alienation.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Mcguire made us pay cash even though she said she accepts our insurance over the phone. She was unprofessional often played computer games and text during sessions. Very hard to reach. Horrible ethics, had a negative preconceived opinion before starting sessions. Difficult to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Very knowledgeable. Approachable. Down-to-earth.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr. McGuire is wonderful. She is genuine and you can tell she understands and cares about children. Dr. Mcguire is knowledgeable in her field and has taken the extra time to help my child and our family resolve our issues. I definately recommend her

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012