Ratings for Dr. James K. Deorio

Dr. James Deorio is a wonderful surgeon......He replaced both of my ankles 3 and 2 years ago.......He changed my life......I was in a lot of pain and could barley walk.....today a cannot run but can do almost anything else.......I owe this man so much!......I would highly recommend him for ANY ANKLE PROBLEMS!.......I cannot say enough good things about him! Floyd Wingfield

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Deorio, performed my ankle replacement surgery in July 2016. Since that time I have felt little to no pain. He is excellent in his field. I appreciate all that he did for me.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

As a health care professional myself, I did my due diligence to find the most capable and experienced orthopedist who specialized in ankle replacements. Do to many recurring ankle injuries over 35 years I needed a total ankle replacement. With over 1400 ankle replacements in his history and because he does research and designs the prosthesis , I was convinced he was the doctor I needed. Now 4 weeks post surgery, I am healing well and free of pain for the first time in 2 years. His staff at Duke University Orthodepic is outstanding...very caring and understanding. I highly recommend this doctor even if you have to wait to get scheduled.! The Duke Hospital was fantastic for my one night post surgery stay.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr Deorio was my third orthopedist. The first failed to treat a multiple ligament tear/talus fracture properly, which left me walking on the outside of my foot due to nerve damage that was left. The second orthopedist didn't know what he was looking at, so his professional opinion was that I was faking the injury. Finally, I saw an astute neurologist that pinpointed the nerve damage and he sent me to Dr. Deorio. All I can say is he is my angel. For 15 months, I was in agony. This injury took from me both physically and emotionally, leaving me drained of energy and unable to do the things I love. Dr. Deorio knew exactly what he was looking at and how to fix it. I am 3 months postop, and am walking in a regular shoe without the aid of crutches or cane. It's only going to get better from here. I, and my family, are thankful for Dr Deorio every day! If ever I need another orthopedic surgery, I will gladly drive the 2 hours to see him!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

This is my second surgery with Dr. DeOrio. First one was 6 months ago and he had to fuse my ankle and the second surgery was fixing the toe so my foot would lay down and I can walk without limping (don't know the outcome of this surgery yet as I am in a cast now. I have alot of issues with my foot and Dr. DeOrio is the best. He is so nice (tells you like it is but is really nice). Easy to get appointments and staff is always pleasant. Had to drive 2 1/2 hours from my home to see him and it is worth the drive.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Dr. DeOrio was able to replace my ankle as I am positive no one else could. Phenomenal physician! I would not dream of seeing anyone else. Excellent manner! I had constant pain since injuring ankle in car accident in 1974. In the two years since his replacement surgery, I have not experienced one second of pain. I thank God daily for Dr. DeOrio and his excellent staff.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

In 2005 I was in a airplane accident and destroyed the talus bone. After attempts to put it back together and even a Talus Transplant in 2007, I found myself in constant pain and a limp. I was on the verge of a fusion until I learned of Dr Deorio. I interviewed local Drs and consulted with several others and could not get the peace nor the confidence I was looking for to get relief. One visit to Dr Deorio in his office was all it took. He assured me he could help me and he did just that. His professionalism, confidence, punctuality and talent were above and beyond all of my expectations. After 6 months I am relatively pain free. Thanks to Dr Deorio and the great people and Staff at Duke for all the help to me and their dedication to excellence.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. DeOrio was recommended by the "ankle guru" in Jacksonville, FL. I was indeed directed to the BEST! Dr. DeOrio is the cream of the crop. He has done over a thousand Total Ankle Replacements, and was instrumental in developing the latest, most successful implants. He patiently and courteously answers questions, and cuts to the chase. His talent in the Operating Room is a God-given gift. As an OR nurse, and the wife of an MD that works in the OR - I have seen and heard it all. I am six months out from my TAR, and couldn't be happier. I have great flexion and extension in that joint, and almost pain-free. What a difference! I waited a long time, for the ankle replacements to get reliable. My ankle was destroyed 20 years ago, when a horse I was riding fell and rolled over on it. I have lost count of the surgeries on it - at least 9. Finally have some glorious relief! Run, (if you can!), don't walk, to see "Dr. D". He is indeed "The Master".

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Deorio worked a miracle for me. He is a great doctor, polite, courteous, and very professional. He gave my life back to me. After constant pain for 28 years I now have NO pain!! Thank you so much for being there and doing what you do so very well.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Did a perfect job on my bunion and cyst on the left foot. A year now everything doing well. Will get the other foot done. Thank you so much!!!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. James K. Deorio's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

UnitedHealthcare