Ratings for Dr. Mitchell J. WACHTEL

I had an ingrown toe nail removed. Doctor and staff very knowledgeable. I would recommend this facility.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I have just stopped going to Dr. Wachtel. Two years later and over $2000 spent out of pocket on my toenail fungus and is still not cured. I bought many bottles of the special $40 toenail anti fungal medication. No difference. I bought the special UV show inserts. No difference. I spent a LOT of money on laser treatments. No difference. I followed Dr. Wachtel orders and religiously used all the stuff he sold me to get cured. NO DIFFERENCE! My primary care doctor finally prescribed Lamasil which cost me $1.80! And it is working! $1.80!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

The waiting room was small and cramped and you are going to wait. He seemed like a glorified shoe salesman that takes x-rays of your feet to sell you orthotics. He mentioned 4 things he was going to "give" (sell) me to help with foot pain and he forgot 2 of them. When I called back about them they said that the "special" ointment and other treatment was only available through them and I would have to drive back and buy it off of them. I declined. Bottom line I paid a lot of money out of pocket for something I could have got from Dr Scholl's. Buyer beware. fool me once........

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

The staff were nice enough but unprofessional, as their discussion of their escapades from the night before were undeniably overhead by the patients in the waiting room, while they were munching on Cheetos and drinking soda. I had to wait 45 minutes to be put into an examining room and then another 30 minutes to be seen by Dr. Wachtel, who proceeded to, again, be nice enough but had his assistant rush me out of the room for x-rays. After the x-rays, he started to "tape" my feet, without explaining what he was doing. When I asked him, he still provided no explanation, but simply said "I am putting you on a program to help your pain". When I admitted I was uncomfortable with his treatment, he said that was ok and that I should just come back for another appointment to review the x-rays. After this, he rushed me out of the room again, telling the receptionist to book me for another appointment, while handing me a bag with his name on it reminding me to "Tell everyone where you were!"

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Mitchell J. WACHTEL's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in North Andover, MA