Ratings for Dr. Pedro D. Guimaraes

You get to see his NP who thinks she's the dr. Horrible horrible place

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

They had a patient who committed suicide and they are about to lose their licenses for Insurance Fraud and Malpractice. Need I say more? FYI: The 5 star ratings are all bogus and fake, they are written by his office staff and the nurses. It's not rocket science, just read for yourself!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Dr. Guimaraes systematically figures out which med or combinations of meds will help you with your symptoms. He listens carefully and is interested in your imput. In a three year period, my symptoms were getting worse and I turned to Dr. Guimaraes after seeing a cardiologist, urologist, and neurologist. I had immediate results after one medication and within 4 months, my combination of meds have made me feel great again! The staff is also really nice.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

He seemed to be a competent doctor at first, but over the 4 months I saw him, he began prescribing medication that disrupted my system and made me feel worse. Finally, my personal physician recommended I seek another psychiatrist after learning that Dr. Guimaraes had prescribed thyroid medication that gave me noticeable tremors. She ordered blood tests that showed that my thyroid levels were quite normal. His office double-billed me on two occasions, and he billed my insurance company for $355.00 for each visit. I never saw the doctor for more than 4-6 minutes per visit. He has either social workers or nurse practitioners do the intake and relies primarily on their input rather than (the patient's). His main interest is in seeing as many patients as possible, as quickly as possible in order to make as much money as he can get. I had a friend who started seeing Dr. G' shortly after I began, and she "fired" him after their second encounter. He also prescribed thyroid medication for her with similar results. I would strongly advise against seeing this greedy charlatan. Calling him a quack would be an insult to ducks.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

he tried to stop all of my med at once then started some other med and then a few days later he tried to call a 51/50 on me with out even calling me. plus he then sends me a bill for everything that i already paid for plus raised all the pricing. they say they will fix it if not its going to court. worse doc ever. should have his MD pulled and no wonder why someone already committed suicide under his care and he didnt care.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Horrible staff, the clinical services are below average. The psychotherapy services need improveing, terrible after care for addictions. My Son, who is 25, who requested a male therapist they couldn't provide. We had to go to an outside LCSW who who was great and male. I would let my dog go to these folks....

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Same old same old. Was nearly immediately prescribed a new medication. When I called the office for info did not get a call back. Tried again a few days later, had to wait even more time for a call back. Scary! Good thing I didn't have an actual emergency.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

Worst psychiatrist I have ever been to. Seems to care more about profit than his patients. Stay far away.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I have struggled with a severe eating disorder for over 10 years and with it comes depression, anxiety and all sorts of trouble. I have been to the top therapists, doctors and treatment centers in the world over my lifetime and no one comes close to the abilities of Dr. Guimaraes. His approach, knowledge and professionalism is world class. He treats you as an individual and your case unique to you. He doesn't just throw meds at you and send you on your way. He listens to your concerns, your lifestyle, your history and your wishes in order to find the best solution even if that means trying something alternative or different. Dr. Guimaraes equally shines in his ability as a therapist. He possesses a special gift in understanding people, getting to underlying issues and setting you on the path to success. For the first time in my life I am almost completely abstinent from my eating disorder and I honestly owe so much of it to Dr. Guimaraes and his support and guidance.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012