Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Hofbauer

Waited an hour in the waiting room. Went back for my appointment and Dr. Hofbauer wasn't even the person who looked at my foot. Some other guy looked at my foot. Dr. Hofbauer stopped in the room to introduce himself to me. At that time, the nurse was fitting my foot for some type of air cast. It was the wrong thing according to Dr. Hofbauer. If he didn't stop by to say hi, I would have been going home with the wrong type of aircast. I don't know if the nurse messed up or the guy that was looking at my foot messed up. They don't tell you any information about your condition and leave you with more questions than answers. Also, the receptionist, Julie in the USC office is very rude. This was a total waste of time. I would not recommend this office to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

He won't do your surgery, it's immediately turned over to a dr in training as soon as anesthesia puts you to sleep. He's the director of the fellowship program which means his job is to play golf all day while his students do the actual work. So imagine you have someone operating on you who may be doing it for the very first time.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Injured my right ankle landing wrong & felt a popping noise roughly 4 weeks ago & I had xray's done at the ER the next day "nothing broken". My ankle has shown no improvement since my injury occurred 'the pain I felt the first few days of the injury felt much better then what I feel now.' I know I tore a ligament or 2 in this ankle. Bcuz I tore both ligaments in my left ankle around 1998 somehow, which surprised me since I wasn't aware of that until I had an MRI done on my left leg for a different injury and the specialist told me I had 2 out of 3 ligaments missing in that left ankle & they shriveled up like dry gumbands left in the sun & withered away & that I have tendons grafted fill the void. I told dr. HOFBAUER that my right ankle felt a lil like that & I wish to have an MRI & he told me the doctors never grafted anything since they weren't missing, all without seeing my medical records, or looking at my left ankle. My pain threshold is high, so he didn't take my injuries serious

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Someone recommended this doctor to me because of their positive outcome. For me, going to him was a total waste of time & money. He was very aloof & dismissive and never made eye contact with me. He did order any x-ray, but barely examined my foot. He told me that he didn't know what was wrong with my foot. He then abruptly left the exam room without answering any questions. He could have recommended cortisone injections, orthotics or even another doctor who could help me. Luckily I found a wonderful doctor on my own that surgically corrected my foot. I now have a normal foot and am pain-free because of this other doctor. I am very disappointed in Dr. Hofbauer for not showing one bit of compassion, nor making any attempt to help me.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Mark H. Hofbauer's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1989)