Ratings for Dr. Hania Alaidroos

The staff is terrible. Dr Alaidroos was helpful many years ago but now I never get a chance to see her. This wait is ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

My family members have been patients of Dr. Alaidroos' for over a year now. The wait time has been consistently 90 minutes, or longer, to see her (and that's with an advance appointment). Arbor Green (the name of her practice) is in a former Whataburger, so the layout is pretty interesting. The front desk doesn't offer any privacy, nor does the corner of the room where the nurse calls you for blood pressure, weight and reason for visit, before taking you to a private room. Unless you speak in a hushed tone, EVERYONE in the waiting area hears your private business. Once in the exam room, you can expect another 30-60 minutes before seeing the doctor. The staff has sent us to the ER three times, only to find out it was unnecessary each time. The first time, Dr. Alaidroos wasn't there and her nurse thought my husband was having heart trouble. It turned out to be a mild allergic reaction to antibiotics he was taking (from his visit the day before) - which a single Benadryl, along with a new prescription for a different antibiotic, in the ER fixed. The second time, Dr. Alaidroos thought it was a broken rib, so off to the ER we went, only to learn that it was a strained muscle. She sent us to the ER saying that a hurt muscle wouldn't cause as much pain as he was in, but a broken bone would. The ER doctor took x-rays and prescribed a muscle relaxer, an anti-inflammatory, plus rest of his arm/back and he was fine in a few days. On the flip-side, my son had major surgery (by another doctor) and we were having some issues afterward. Dr. Alaidroos gave me some advice that was contrary to what the specialist said. The specialist's advice wasn't working, so I tried what Dr. A said and it worked. I'm VERY grateful to her for her knowledge and how it helped my son! She's also willing to take over our medication management, so we don't have to see specialists (sleep specialist, etc.) any more, saving us lots of money with our insurance plan's co-pay structure. I am very appreciative of this. I have mixed feelings about Dr. A, as she is called by patients and staff. When she's there and actually treats us, she's awesome. But when she sees something that might be outside her norm, she pushes us off to other doctors, which costs us more and so far it's always ended up being something pretty simple that I feel she could/should have handled. The wait time is ridiculous for any doctor (except maybe those that deliver babies and have other unexpected things interfere with their schedule.) and yet I keep going back, because she is nice and 'real' and when she's willing to treat our ailments, she's awesome.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Very bad business. mcdonalds style practice. Will do everything possible to extort money out of you through multiple unnecessary visits. Treats patients poorly with no care or empathy for their needs. When questioned she kicked my wife out without treatment for her serious medical conditions and threatened to call cops if we didn't leave immediately. Also never seen a dr openly selling mom style vitamin supplements before.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014