Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Hodovanic

We have been going to Dr Hodovanic for many years. We have been very happy with all aspects of the eye examination and getting new glasses from his practice.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Dr Hodovanic is one of the most conscientious doctors I have ever been to. He has a very professional manner, is very punctual with my appointments, and thoroughly explains my exam results as well as available treatment options. His office staff is also very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I have seen Dr. Hodovanic for probably 25 years. He has always been extremely thorough, patient and kind. I will continue to see him as long as I can, even though he costs a little more out of network--he's worth it!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Hodovanic off and on for over 25 years. As my vision insurance changed, I would see other doctors that were in my plan when he didn't accept my new insurance. Turns out that none of them were as thorough as Dr. Hodovanic so I continue to see him now as an out of network doctor. Dr. Hodovanic is very meticulous from beginning to end of my eye exam and he always explains his findings in an easy to understand way. He even measures for and adjusts my eyeglasses when they are ready. I will definitely continue to use his services in the future.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Wow, this was my first experience with this office! Dr Hodovanic did an excellent job with my eye exam and fitting new contact lenses for me. I had been having a problem with my contacts in that I could no longer see and drive comfortably at night time. My previous eye doctor told me that I was getting older and that my contact lens vision was as good as it could be. Dr Hodovanic explained to me that I had an astigmatism and refit my contact lenses to correct for it. My vision is so much better now without halos and glare and my confidence for driving at night has now returned. I will definitely use this office for future eye appointments.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I have dry eyes, wear contact lenses and now need bifocals. Dr Hodovanic spent a great deal of time educating me about my dry eye condition, fitting/refitting the proper contact lenses and following my progress to make sure the lenses were the right choice. My vision is great and I will definately use his services in the future.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

Dr. Hodovanic is wonderful! He spends a great deal of time with you and the exam is so thorough. Will visit again in the future.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

Dr. Hodovanic gives an extremely thorough eye exam. I felt that my eyes had been well taken care of. In the end I did not need any glasses. I will definite be back for future check ups.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011

Dr. Michael J. Hodovanic's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1983)

Healthnet