Ratings for Dr. James B. Mullins

I went in for chronic ear infections. On my first visit he suggested we put ima tube in my ear (I am 26) and he said he could do it in his office. With no pain. I thought this was a great idea because I would save money for hospital costs. BAD mistake! It has been 2 months and I have been back 2 times already. I was in his offices 4 days ago because I had fluid in my ear and suspected it was infected. He said my tube was clogged and in clogged it (by stabbing my inner ear) and said I "barely had an infection and it was mild if anything" He gave me ear drops to make me happy. 4 days later and I was in the ER today because my ear pain was off the charts and I have fluid gushing out of my ear. My infection is now "extremely severe" as the ER doc said and I got 2 shots and 4 prescriptions for antibiotics and steroids. I am now certain the worsened infection is from the office tube insertion or the stabbing of my ear to unclog the tube. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Was so very appreciative we were "squeezed in" --did wait right at an hour, but that is not atypical for that scenario. A particular front desk employee was a bit short on P.R.--but do understand the overwhelm one can feel in this business. Very busy office, but did not feel rushed by Dr. Mullins. Very professional and asked many questions. Am progressing well with meds prescribed and exercises I found on my own. Would recommend Dr. Mullins, as he is meticulous, thorough, fastidious and polite.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Dr. Mullins is very nice, professional and willing to take time listening to you. His staff is very friendly and have gone out of their way to squeeze me in to see Dr. Mullins at the last minute if it's urgent. I would recommend Dr. Mullins to all of my friends/family. I wanted to make sure to let people know how great he is b/c often patients go onto these sites to voice their opinions in a negative way, rather than the other way around.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

I couldn't be happier with Doctor Mullins and his staff. My surgery went well and three months later I feel better than ever.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Im a 3rd year medical student so I have a decent idea how medicine should work. He spent a whole 5 mins with me and then only told me to get a sleep study. He said he would help/work with me on keeping the cost low but that never happened after repeat calls to update him. Then, I got a bill in the mail for $200. I would NEVER recommend someone go to him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Ive seen Dr. Mullins twice now for painful ear issues. He solves my problem each time perfectly. I rarely wait long in the office. He is gentle and understanding. I couldn't ask for more.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

When I initially called to make my first appointment, they snickered when I answered that I had the High Deductible BCBS insurance plan, which I thought was extremely unprofessional. Then, when I went in for the visit, the front desk was not very friendly, especially with this being my first visit. As far as the actual doctor visit, I would give Dr. Mullins an average rating, it seemed he was just ready to write a prescription and get me on my merry way. I definitely think the front desk staff could brush up on their manners and I probably won't be going back...

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

My PCP spoke very highly of Dr. Mullins. She was right. He was personable and took time to listen. I did have surgery and was very pleased with my care and results. Would highly recommend Dr. Mullins. I have already sent several of my family and friends and have heard only good things.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009

Have never felt like he was very concerned with my issues. Allergies, ear pain and swelling in the neck/throat and thyroid. Everyone seems to have such a blank expression and little conversation. Last appointment was useless. Will not be going back.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

Very knowledgable & caring. Explains every procedure before he starts. really takes his time with his patients.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Dr. James B. Mullins's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Henry Ford / HAP