Ratings for Dr. Neera Bhatia

Highly Recommended by a diverse group of Professional Women, such as Teachers, Nurses and Hospital Director as real examples, who are given medical care by Dr. Bhatia. Having been personally referred myself to Dr. Bhatia, the immediate on-site accessible testing and close proxemity of Labs, Radiology and Hospital has been for me, a working woman, an Office with a warm welcoming Staff who exemplify Dr. Bhatia's concern and compassion with her patients, an experience of what medical care should truly be. I also just had surgery at her recommended Hospital and the medical care I received there too has unsurpassed...and Yes, I have been to numerous Hospitals on all sides of San Antonio to include the Medical Center. I live in the Hill Country to drive an hour to Downtown San Antonio see Dr Bhatia, for me, and from the results from the surgery, to include preventive healthcare, my life is worth it. She is remarkable.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I love Dr. Bhatia! I have been seeing her for more than 10 years. Although a couple in her staff may not have the most outstanding personalities, they are efficient. Plus, I'm not there to see them, it's the doctor's experience that concerns me...and she is VERY experienced and knowledgeable in all the latest medical innovations. She doesn't sugar coat any problems you have and she tells you what your options are without pushing any procedures on you just to make an extra buck. As a matter a fact, a few times she has looked at my insurance and noticed a high deductible that still needed to be paid, so she waited on a pricey specific exam until the next time I saw her. If you want a sweet, pampering person to wait on you, then she is not your doctor. If you want a strong, honest, and knowledgeable doctor, then she's the one for you.....P.S. - If there is a long wait time to see her, it's because she is in high demand or she may be delivering a child in the hospital across the street. She can't control when the mother is to give birth.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Everything about this doctor sucks. Very unprofessional, unfriendly, didn't offer a lot of information. I felt like I was on a timer just to be there. I've gotten better care and service at a drive-thru window.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I would like to be able to give a review on what I experienced in Dr. Bhatia's office, but twice my appointments have been canceled. She has an online tool in which you can schedule appointments. I did that on two different occassions and received e-mail confirmations that my appointments were scheduled. I then made necessary work arrangements so I could see the doctor. After all this I got calls saying that the doctor was not, in fact, available the times I scheduled. I don't understand the point of this tool if the doctor does not update her times of availability. Her employees did not know what was going on. After they called me they said to come in at a time different from the ones that were confirmed via e-mail, without explanation. I told them I had scheduled different times, but they said to come in at times THEY penciled me in for without consulting me. I can't trust someone with my health if they can't run an office in which employees can perform the basic task of scheduling.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

I went to Dr. Bhatia for my first prenatal checkup for my first pregnancy about 7 weeks ago. The staff wasn't very informative when I called beforehand to find out what to expect. Staff told me I would probably wait around 20 minutes, but I waited over an hour before I got in to see Dr. Bhatia. I waited over a half an hour with no one else in the waiting room, and no one ever came to tell me how much longer it would be. When I did get in, I was taken by a nurse to do some vitals, etc, then taken to an exam room where I was asked to take off all of my clothes and wait on the exam table. I was given a "sheet" (more of a large paper towel) to cover myself; I waited there probably another 15-20 minutes before Dr. Bhatia came in. This wasn't the way I'd like to meet anyone for the first time--cold and naked. I was almost in tears by the time Dr. Bhatia came in. When she did, she probably spent around 15 minutes with me, including pelvic exam and gave me little information about my pregnancy

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr. Neera Bhatia's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1963)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal