Ratings for Dr. Maureen O. Khoo

Always late. Not sure if anyone is keeping track of what is supposed to be happening during my appointments. Frustrating to wait for the doctor for an hour and pay $40 just to have her ask me how I am doing. Why not just call me?

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

I too had an abnormal pap with HPV diagnosis. I had a lot of questions and she was unresponsive to most. Also, I had an ovarian abscess and while on the table, she opened me up and had the good sense to call in a pelvic surgeon who assisted with the removal of both tubes and one ovary. After the surgery, I asked her if I could get pregnant, ever and she didn't really answer me! I was hospitalized for over a week and she came in once. I believe she was in the hospital and did check on me through the nurses but didn't come to me again. I am so glad she decided to get help in the O.R. but her bedside manner left a lot to be desired. The pelvic surgery was an emergency and if I had more time I may have chosen to go somewhere else. I ended up moving but would have asked about the scar tissue THIS surgery would create. Her staff is very nice but when I asked for my record to be transferred, she wanted $20.00 for it. None of my other doctors charged for the transfer of records.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

I saw Dr. Khoo when I was pregnant with my son. Like others have said, she was very polite, but it was like pulling teeth trying to get information from her. If I didn't ask a question, she wouldn't have given me any information. Even then, her answers were very brief and uninformative. My most negative experience with her came during the delivery of my son, which ended up being a c-section. She did not communicate with me at all during the surgery, laughed and carried on a non-english conversation with a nurse as she was sewing me up and only visited me in person twice during my 7 day stay in the hospital. I was discharged by a different doctor, since it was Dr. Khoo's day off. In addition, I found out many months afterward that she did not dictate an operating room report for my hospital records. When I called her office several times to find out why, she never returned my call. I live out of state now, but even if I didn't I would NOT use Dr. Khoo again. Ever.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

I've been going to her since January 2008 and now I'm considering switching doctor. She's a nice doctor don't get me wrong, but she just doesn't give me any information. I've been diagnosed with abnormal pap smear and needed to have surgery. She didn't tell me anything about the surgery and how bad my diagnosis was. I needed to ask her many times and she finally gave me vague information.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I have been going to Dr. Khoo for years and have not had any problems. She has always been caring and answers all my questions.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

fantastic doc - been seeing her 6 years and extremly happy with her

flag | Submitted December 18, 2006

Dr. Khoo is a wonderful, caring doctor. I have been seeing her for years and she has delivered all 3 of my kids

flag | Submitted August 20, 2006

I was very upset walking out the office after my exam. She didn't take the time to listen to what i had to say. It seemed as through she just wanted me out of the office. I didn't even get to finish my complaints.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2006

Don't go to this doctor. I had an appointment with her for an annual, waited for 1 hour for her, and she didn't have time to do it. She told me to come back to reschedule. She then charged me for both appointments. I asked her questions but she cannot seem to answer them, but told me to read some handout she gave me. Even when I had questions on the handout, she didn't really have any information to give me. I felt like she doesn't really care about me as a patient.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2006

Dr. Maureen O. Khoo's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Ambetter