Dr. Lydia Shajenko

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lydia Shajenko

I had been to two previous neurologists who told me to just take a tylenol or motrin to deal with my migraines. Anyone who suffers from daily migraines knows what it's like and I just felt like these other Doctors didn't care becasue they didn't have migraines themselves and didn't have any empathy . Well, then through a recommendation of a co-worker, I found Dr. Shajenko. I honestly feel like my life has changed. She ordered a few tests on me and it turned out that I actually had some abnormal brainwave activity which was causing my migraines. She put me on the appropriate medication to treat this and one for breakthrough migraines which luckily now I'm happy to say I only get once every few MONTHS. After experiencing them daily in the past, I'm so grateful to her for changing my life for the better. Her office was also beautiful and her staff was so friendly and understanding as well and I really felt like the office cared as a whole. Thank you Dr. Shajenko for making my quality of life so much better!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Dr. Lydia Shajenko, Is an amazing Doctor of Neurology! I met her back in 2003 after an extremely awful car accident I was involved in, and she provided comfort and great medical care. I lost touch with her when I moved to another location, (to escape the daily reminder of my fatal car accident scene.) To my happy surprise I looked her up again and I am SO HAPPY I FOUND HER! Dr. Shajenko and her staff are so professional & AMAZING! Melissa is the most caring office manager and always has a friendly smile and happy to help. Meagan and Andreas are so nice as well! I HIGHLY RECOMEND Dr. Shajenko, she has such great bedside manner and is so caring, and has helped me get relief from my chronic daily pain I have suffered for years. I have continued care with Dr. Shajenko for years, (due to multiple accidents in recent years.) Thank you Dr. Shajenko for always providing wonderful medical care! And thank you Melissa, Meaghan and Andreas for caring ! To the best Doctor and wonderful staff want to say THANK YOU............any one looking for a Doctor of Neurology please give Melissa a call and make an appointment to see Dr. Lydia Shajenko, you will be pleased. :)

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Dr. Shajenko really knows how to please. Her bedside manner is so good.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Dr. Shajenko is without a doubt one of the best Drs. out there. Very knowledgeable, honest and more importantly truly care about her patients. The staff are very professional , very helpful and take care of you every step of the way. Always welcoming and courteous. I strongly recommend Dr. Shajenko. she and her lovely staff are amazing.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Lydia Shajenko is by far the best neurologist in New Jersey. She is very knowledgeable, helpful, and caring. She was the only doctor who took her time to find out what was wrong with me and not to mention her staff is excellent . I recommend this doctor to anyone all in all she is amazing 5 stars . Thank you Dr Shajenko because of you I now have my life back !

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

This doctor honestly changed my life for the better. I've been to other neurologists who took 5 minutes with me and sent me out the door. Dr. Shajenko took her time with me and ended up finding that I had a brain tumor which was causing my migraines which I never would have even known because no other Doctor did the necessary testing to figure this out. The staff was so kind and patient and answered all of my questions. They are a very small and sweet staff but never rushed me off the phone either, so someone saying they don't answer back probably didn't leave voicemails. If I left a voicemail, I got a call back within that day. If you expect to always have your call answered you can call these mill offices who answer, but put you on hold for 15 minutes, to end up hanging up on you or rush you off the phone. I can not recommend this doctor enough. So glad I found her!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr Shajenko is amazing. I came to her for daily migraines and I had seen numerous doctors and no one seemed to be able to help me. She took the time to do numerous diagnostic tests and we got to the problem and I have been treating with her for a year and I havent felt this good in years. Thank you so much Dr Shajenko, you and your staff have been absolutely a god send! I reccomend her to everyone I meet

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr. Shajenko office staff is incompetent and lie. I can no longer trust them with my care. I'm looking for another Dr. who cares for their patients, with staff member who will speak to their patients without the unnecessary sarcastic attitude. There is more to being a good Dr. than having a pretty office. Try actually caring.

Submitted November 2, 2015

One word horrible office is rude and they dress like they are going to a nightclub do yourself a favor and fine another doctor they never return phone calls its a joke and do unnecessary testing

Submitted September 30, 2015

The quality of care and respect is starting to detiorate due to the high volume of patients. Staff members are forgetful and follow up phone calls take a long time. Andres is very professional. Megan is rude and Dr. Shajenko rushes you out the room before answering pertinent questions, which is a shame, because she used to provide top notch care for her patients.

Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Lydia Shajenko's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)