Ratings for Dr. Andrew David Simkin

Dr.'s office registration staff extremely rude. I will not return to the office. on three separate occasions, found curt, rude and condescending- three strikes your out! The registration gal should call patients up to the window and inform patients of information -not yell from behind window so all in the lobby can hear your conversation. I have been speaking to other folks and they have received the same treatment from the receptionist who registers/checks you in! I hope that she receives retraining in customer service.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Great doctor! Always take me in when I need to see him. Everybody there is pretty cool. One thing though is that sometimes, I don't feel like i'm getting the best quality health care...maybe it's just my paranoia...but I guess what do you expect with a copay of $20? You won't get treated like a millionaire..but it's pretty good.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Staff is not helpful and doctor wont prescribe medication without seeing him in the office.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Got referred to dr simkin from a doctor in his complex. Spoke with Cecilia at the front desk via phone since she was to busy giving me a hard time to listen. I asked for her last name she refused I then asked if she could ask dr simkin to call me because I have psoriasis with open lacerations on my feet. 56 hrs and counting still no contact. Good thing it is on my feet, not like I need them everyday.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Simkin is a knowledgeable and caring practitioner however, the staff at the front desk is not particularly helpful. I waited over an hour for an appointment and had to walk over to the reception to find out why, no one bothered mentioning that he was running behind. The inability to reach a human being on the phone is also problematic. I do understand that they are a busy office and many Dr.s are going the way of taking a message and calling back later in terms of time value however, this is not a good way of doing business for a medical care group.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

My daughter went here and was seen by a nurse practitioner. She prescribed her a medicine and told us if the pharmacy had any questions to call her. BIG MISTAKE! When you call you do not get any live person to talk to. The pharmacy has called on three consecutive days and I called today as well. No response. We will be changing to a real doctor soon as this place seems like a joke!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

He is a true healer.I believe he is a compassionate and caring individual. My circumstances were very unusual and he bent over backwards to help me God bless him. I would reccomend him to anyone. His practice is a very busy one but good things come to those who wait!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

I have been suffering from rashes for over 40 years. Dr. Simkin claimed he would cure me...did not happen...nor did I expect it. The rashes started when I was 15, years before I had any sexual encounters, yet the doctor was insistent that he had to verify that it was not a sexual disease and that I was not contagious. I, again, told him that I have had the rash (eczema) since I was 15, years before any sexual experience and that my husband of over 20 years did not "catch" anything from me. He did not listen to anything I said. Our first meeting was about 10 minutes in length...each one after that (about 3-4 more) lasted, maybe, 2 minutes. He was in and out before I knew it. He doesn't listen well and makes hasty decisions. He makes judgements without the needed information.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2009

I have cystic acne on my chin area and have been unable to treat myself with washes, topicals, retina A, dairy-free and gluten free diet, etc. I called to make an appointment and asked how much the appointment would cost with my insurance. This took days due to the difficulty of getting through the phone tree and telephone tag. I was told they wouldn't know until they billed. I explained that my primary and gyno were able to send me written quotes for all procedures. I was told that with my insurance the visit would not cost more than $50. The PA Heather Oleveri was 25 minutes late and spent 6 minutes and 24 seconds with me and interrupted me three times. I was given a low dose antibiotic and aczone topical. This appointment alone cost me $124 ($175 without my "health insurance discount")- quite a distance from the est $50 from billing. Antibiotic was $10 to fill/azone was $60 to fill for 1mo. Acne just as frequent, same number, but smaller. Save your money and get a face peel

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Dr. Simkin is the most caring Dr. I have ever been to. He was always available to call back. If it wasn't for him insisting I go to a Neurologist I would be in trouble. I can't say enough good about him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Dr. Andrew David Simkin's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

• BCBS Florida