Dr. Steven J. Cyr

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Cyr

My wife spent 3 weeks in the hospital after having 3 major spinal surgeries performed by Dr. Cyr. No more pain after her severe scoliosis was corrected. Thank you for changing our lives and God bless!! ~Mario Rangel 🙏 🙏 😎😎

flag | Submitted June 8, 2019

Yes Dr Steven Cyr was a gift from above. I got his name from someone who called me about working. When I told her I couldn’t work because of my neck pain she gave me Dr Cyr’s name. She was sure to say C Y R so I would look him up. I had a neck surgery just one year before and again I was in tremendous pain. I saw the PA for a few visits and then Dr Cyr told me I needed 9 levels fused c2-t3. He was very sympathetic and prayed with me. I was amazed at his genuine attentiveness and caring. A godsend for sure!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

Dr Cyr has been a God send to me. He has operated on my neck and back. I have feeling coming back in my legs, my horrible debilitating headaches are getting less and less. I'm so thankful that I put out on FB that I was looking for a surgeon who would not just have his pocket book in mind and that actually cared about their patients. I swore under no circumstances would I have my spine operated on, Dr. Cyr and his staff made me few comfortable enough to have this done. We consider him to be a friend and love our visits. Everyone we have met personally and have only talked to on the phone have been amazing. There is no reason to even think twice, you will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

Dr. Cyr was so professional and the confidence he exhibited when he explained the MRI and the X-ray of my back made me realize that I made the right decision to have surgery. I was still frightened but after my post-op with Dr. Cyr all of my fears disappeared. He made me feel that everything was going to go well and it did. It’s now six weeks later and I don’t have any nerve or leg pain. I have walked 4 plus miles in one day and two miles on a flat hiking path without stopping. I’m getting stronger each day but I have to hold myself back from doing too much because I feel so good. I am so grateful that I went to Dr. Cyr for my surgery and would recommend him to anyone who suffers from any type of back problems.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019

I have had terrible pain in my neck for many years with no relief from various medical professionals until I was referred to Dr. Steven Cyr. He preformed a minimally invasive procedure in October of 2018 which post-op I was virtually pain free. I just came back from my six month follow up were x-rays showed my two vertebrae successfully fused. I no longer have pain in my neck nor any pain radiating down my arms. This is the best I have felt in a long time. I highly recommend Dr. Cyr for spinal surgery. He is an excellent surgeon with good bedside manner along with his PA Paul Chen who provides good care monitoring me in my follow-up visits. His entire staff has made this experience a positive one.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019

I went to Dr. Cyr's office for what I thought were some minor hip issues. I had a previous fusion preformed on a single level before and I thought it may be agitated. I was drop foot in my right leg that was quickly escalating and the pain was unbearable. The prior fusion had been a failure and I had partially severed my S1 nerve root. I was in massive destabilization from the prior surgical repair. Dr. Cyr is always about doing what he can before surgical intervention and everything that could be done was attempted with the focus on avoiding the trauma associated with an invasive procedure. The failed surgery of the past had cause my entire lumbar section of my spine to destabilize. It was definitively time for surgical intervention. It was a decision he didn't want to have me make hastily but assured me that many people have gone on to live very normal. lives after such a major event. I put my faith in his knowledge and his being so honest about expectations and reality. I elected to do as he said that it would be okay and that I was definitely a "Go bog or go home " kind of patient. he was right. For Fourteen and a half hours he worked with all of his skill and professionalism, having to rebuild the height lost through degenerative disk disease and wear. He placed some of the biggest spacers he had put in to date he later said. Along with this I have a tattooed back and he meticulously took the time to line it up beautifully as he sutured the layers and put me in order. Yet one of the many things I thank him for today. The recovery was not a cake walk but was exactly as he said it would be and I followed his direction without question. What I didn't know is that I would be seeing him again within three months. WHY? Not due to any problems with my recovery but to further trauma to my cervical spine that had been worsening until I found that I could no loner lift my right arm correctly when I went to throw a game of darts. Three days later I couldn't not lift my arm to wash my hair and to add to it my left was growing weaker. It was time to go see the man himself.... again steps were taken to assure that invasive procedure was not the immediate solution, but ice again they were, nd once gain he was a miracle worker. I will not say that every day is a walk in the park but nearly 200 pieces of titanium later I am waling. I have the use of both of my arms. I am getting teary eyed typing this knowing that without him I would likely have ended up a quadriplegic without his guidance, training, faith, skill and his honest communication with me. Without a doubt he is the ONLY surgeon that I would recommend or go to again and not just because I am a success story that is one of his many, but because of his skill as a surgeon alone … because of his beliefs, dedication and who he is as a person. I know that another surgery lies in store for the thoracic portion of my spine but I have been able to manage it with little side effect for over a decade for the work that he was able to perform to rebuild the majority of my spine. Most days, I spend my time at the gym when I am not doing remodeling work. Things I thought I would never be able to do again. I am one test away from becoming a nationally accredited fitness trainer and I never in a million years thought that that would be something I would be able to do after the extent of my de-habilitation. I was lucky enough to see the unveiling of his line of heroes early on and the pediatric care area... But the biggest hero left out is himself. He is humble and gracious.... though Dr Clark Kent, he will always be Superman. I thank him for my life every time I get up , go out, ride my motorcycle, or do one of many things that other doctors told me never to expect to do again. miracles happen and not only am I the proof, but he is the reason that I am. I will never be able to repay my debt of the life I have to him... but the great thing is , he doesn't need or want it... just to know he did a good job and a good thing for a person in need. Sam Langham, New person and loving life

flag | Submitted May 26, 2019

Words can not express the amount of gratitude I have towards Dr. Cyr, as well as his administrative staff. My husband had surgery to remove bulging disc, huge bulging disc..surgery was the only option. In all honesty, I am not a fan of doctors, medicine..none of it, it actually makes me quite anxious! But, I have to say.. Dr. Cyr and his assistant are miracle workers, miracle workers!!!! My husbands surgery was successful and he is doing so much better!!! Listen, reader, I do not sugar coat at all! Please heed my advice, if you're looking for the best, no other provider, I a usually an anxious not easily trusting person , highly highly recommend Dr. Cyr and his Saspine staff! Trust me trust me! You will not find better skillful hands.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

Dr Cyr just wanted to update you on our son. You fixed the mess another dr did on his lower spine. And for that we would like to tell you how blessed we are that you came into our lives. You gave my son his life back look at him now he will be graduating as a lineman this coming week. Thank you and may God bless you for all you do.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Dr. Cyr is one of the most compassionate people in the medical field today! I like to say he has the skills of a world renown surgeon with the heart of a nurse. His compassion and focused care of his patients is what makes him stand out in a crowd of doctors. He is the reason I am in nursing school, and being that he is a UTHSCSA School of Medicine Alumni, he’s why I had to go to UTHSCSA School of Nursing. I just want to make him proud!😊

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

Dr. Cyr and PA Paul Chen have been so kind and helpful through my whole experience. Dr. Cyr was the only doctor that I saw (I saw 3 before him) to tell me what was wrong, how he would correct, and the recovery process. He was there for me whenever I needed him. The surgery went well, and he told me exactly what I was going to feel. He gave me the right amount of medicine so I would be in the least amount of pain. He and Maria were there when my insurance company denied my surgery. They talked to the company and were able to get it approved. I would highly recommend Dr. Cy and Saspine. They will take care of you and get you the best care available.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

Dr. Steven J. Cyr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Chief Medical Officer | President & Founder Orthopaedic & Spine Institute, LLC Mayo Clinic Trained Surgeon Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon Fellowship Trained, Orthopedic/Neurological Spine Surgery

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1996)

Ameritas