Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Cyr

Dr Cyr is a blessing. His ethics and his knowledge made it easy to understand which made it easier for the family to accept the challenges ahead. His staff know their stuff and this is coming from a patient, who seen 4 different Otho Physicians before Dr. Cyr and his Saspine staff.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

Dr. Cyr performed 9 level fusion [from in between my shoulder blades to L5/S] a little over 3 years ago. It was a rough recovery but I can honestly say that I am pain free. Occasionally my back my aches but I no longer have excruciating pain which I had endured the majority of my adult hood. I take tylenol for those episodes and the pain is relieved. Dr. Steven Cyr is the BEST and I highly recommend him. I don't believe that I've ever met, or even heard of a person who underwent lower back surgery and was pain free after the recovery period. Dr. Steven Cyr gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2019

am 1 year post op. I had been in pain for many, many years. My husband finally convinced me to have my surgery that I had put off for to long. I am so glad that I finally did it!!! I have little to no pain at all! I would say I am almost 💯!!! I couldn't be happier with the care Dr. Cyr and his staff gave me. He is so very committed to giving the best of care with the best of results. He really cares for his patients. If anyone is suffering from any type of orthopedic pain I would recommend making an appointment with Dr. Cyr. He can help you get your life back so you can live pain free.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2019

Dr. Cyr and his staff are absolutely amazing. After two failed surgeries with another doctor, I sought Dr. Cyr out and have had a positive experience. Rather than jumping to a direct diagnosis or surgery, his staff took the time to pinpoint my pain, re-evaluate my previous hardware and introduce me to pain management with Dr. Mckee. After making sure that there was no other viable options, we went ahead with surgery. I’ve never had a doctor, let alone surgeon, take the time to sit down with me and explain a procedure in such depth and answer all my questions. Dr. Cyr is so genuine and truly cares for his individual patients. Post surgery, their office has remained in contact and I am healing much faster than I could have imagined. SA Spine has been worth the 4-hour drive every single time. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2019

I am very happy with my experience at Saspine and with the care provided by Dr. Steven Cyr. My initial appointment with Dr. Cyr was a second opinion review. During that visit, Dr. Cyr and his PA spend approximately 2 hours with me, reviewing imaging results and discussing options. After having a CT, I returned for another visit and spent about one more hour with the PA and Dr. Cyr. Again, we reviewed new and old imaging results and discussed options. I elected to more forward with one of the surgical options and I am not sorry that I did so. So far, it appears the surgery was a success. As a point of reference, it took forever to get an appointment the first surgeon that I saw who spent no more than 5 minutes with me and referred me to a pain management doctor who seem a bit sketchy at best. That is why I sought a second opinion. I am a nurse and have already referred two friends to Saspine.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

My husband had surgery about 7 years ago. He was in a motorcycle accident and was on his way to not being able to walk again. We went to Dr. Cyr and he literally gave my husband back his life. This year I had surgery on my cervical spine. I am still healing but I feel good already. Dr. Cyr is phenomenal. He is compassionate and he is all about patient care. San Antonio is blessed to have him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2019

Dr. Cyr literally saved my life and has given me a second chance to get out of my crippling pain and to get back to living my life again one day at a time. It will be a long road to recovery for me do the complications and circumstances I was already dealing with from pior fusions. Dr. Cyr is a man of faith and I thank god I was referred to him by one of doctors. He treats his patients like family and goes out of his way to make sure they have the best care possible. I don’t know many doctors that check up on you from their personal cell phone from everything I have been through. Dr. Cyr and his team I owe them my life and my family for once can see a future for me.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2019

Dr. Steven Cyr made me feel very comfortable. He was easy to understand and I felt like my condition was number one priority. He explained both procedures with detail so I was able to comprehend exactly what I was having done. He was very good with follow up and gave me a lot of time to ask questions. I would have never been so comfortable had it not been for him or his PA Paul Chen.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2019

Dr Steven Cyr was terrific... had a fusion C4 to C6 and he was incredible before surgery and after. It's been 4 days and I'm not even taking tylenol now. I'm excited for the future thanks to Dr Cyr! Also thumbs up to all his staff... a very happy 5 out of 5 stars.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2019

Dr. Steven J. Cyr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Chief Medical Officer | President & Founder Orthopaedic & Spine Institute, LLC Mayo Clinic Trained Surgeon Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon Fellowship Trained, Orthopedic/Neurological Spine Surgery

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1996)

Coventry Healthcare