Ratings for Dr. Renato A. Geralde

I got to the office early for my appointment and they wouldn’t let me check in until the actual time as to not skew their tracking. I dealt mostly with an incompetent tech and the few minutes I saw Dr. Geralde he barely had time to do a proper exam. The tech came back to give me a diagnosis that didn’t make sense and when I asked for clarification he stated “that’s what Dr. Geralde told me.” This office used to be good but we have decided to find another doctor due to one too many incidents like this.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

This office is a Joke. Don't go there. You spend more time seeing his PA ( who is very caring) than Dr. Geralde. They don't tell you that you will see a PA until you get there. Dr. Geralde is always in a hurry with your visit. You are nothing more than a number and walking $$$. His bedside manner is awful and he is very arrogant. God forbid you have another issue then what you came in for . no matter how minor you need to make another appointment which can take months as he is too busy. Would hate to see how he treated his Military patients. He might be very knowledgeable but it does not matter when he does not have time for you. Humble that's a joke and some of his staff /office folks can be rude. No hospitality or compassion for patients that go there. your time spent with him is about as long as it takes him to type information on his laptop and he types pretty fast. was a patient for a little over 3 years finally got fed up and found a new doctor. good luck! Every negative review I have seen about him and that office I have experienced 1 or more of the complaints at one time or another.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

The Doctors office used to be a great place to go for my whole family. After a few years thought the treatment has gone down hill. They have become more of a pill factory than anything else. Went in for chest pain and I was sent to get a calcium test. Test came back fine but they did not offer another follow up to try and figure out what the cause was. Seems like they want the initial payment and dont care about what happens next. The only follow up I get is a new bill in the mail.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

I'd rate No Stars at all if I could! Dr. Geralde is too pompous. This medical office requires your credit card info to be kept on their server for future purposes or they will not accept you as a patient. When I objected to having my card info stored on their server, they told me I must either do so or leave. When I grudgingly relented to this, I was taken back to an exam room where Dr. Geralde proceeded to ask me "if I was OK?" like I was some kind of mental patient. When I responded that "yes, I'm OK, are you OK?", he told me that he doesn't treat "cranky" patients as he stood up and left the exam room. I was only visiting his practice to obtain a required referral to my dermatologist. He knew that by refusing to finish my visit that I'd have to start all over with another referring physician in order to ever visit my dermatologist and he couldn't care less.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I have recently decided to switch doctors and did extensive research on the best doctors in the Stone Oak area. I have asked for numerous recommendations. North Hills Family Medicine was at the top. I chose to go with Dr. Geralde and I’ve seen him one time, which didn’t impress me. My next appointment was supposed to be my follow-up for the medicine I was given that wasn’t working well for me. My original date for appointment was last Wednesday, November 29th but I got a call from the office to reschedule to the next Wednesday at the same time. I gladly rescheduled, even though it was an inconvenience on my work schedule. Today it’s rainy and traffic is awful, so I called 5 minutes before my appointment time to let the office know I would be 10 minutes late. The girl said that was fine and if I’d be any later, to call and let them know. I got a call 4 minutes later that I answered but I didn’t hear anything and said “Hello” 3 times. I figured it would be something they can ask when I get there as I was driving in the rain and trying to hurry. When I walked in, I waited in line for about 5 minutes. The girl that I spoke with said my appointment was cancelled because they can only hold it for 10 minutes. I said I’d called and let you guys know that I’d be 10 minutes late. She said let me go check and see if we can keep it. She came back and said she spoke with her manager as well as Dr. Geralde’s nurse and decided that I’ll have to reschedule, but that they’d waive my No-Show fee. I’m now sitting in my car in tears because I really needed this appointment and I left my work an early before my appointment to attempt to make it to there early. I’m extremely disappointed with my experience both times with this office and I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I like Dr. Geralde's holistic approach to medicine. for routine visit/minor health issues I see his PA or NP, both are great. Very busy office Stone Oak location.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Geralde used to be a wonderful Doctor when his practiced first opened... Unfortunately for his patients that is no longer so, he has opened several practices. Now it's more about money then patient care. The front office manager is rude. Changing doctors. I feel I pay too much for medical insurance to put up with this.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

BEWARE, this office takes a photocopy of your credit card and saves it in their computer. This is NOT secure. With all of the security breaches, you'd think they'd know better. If you refuse, they will not see you as a patient. ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Geralde has eaten some of the same dirt as a fellow Army vet. Humble, he has done a lot for his country and most importantly his patients. He leads from the front and sets an example for his patients staying healthy.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

He is very thoughtful and complete. He takes the time to educate and addresses all my concerns before I leave. Excellent physician. I have recommended Dr. Geralde to my feiends and family.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Dr. Renato A. Geralde's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathy (Grad. 1996)