Ratings for Dr. Renato A. Geralde

I have recently decided to switch doctors and did extensive research on the best doctors in the Stone Oak area. I have asked for numerous recommendations. North Hills Family Medicine was at the top. I chose to go with Dr. Geralde and I’ve seen him one time, which didn’t impress me. My next appointment was supposed to be my follow-up for the medicine I was given that wasn’t working well for me. My original date for appointment was last Wednesday, November 29th but I got a call from the office to reschedule to the next Wednesday at the same time. I gladly rescheduled, even though it was an inconvenience on my work schedule. Today it’s rainy and traffic is awful, so I called 5 minutes before my appointment time to let the office know I would be 10 minutes late. The girl said that was fine and if I’d be any later, to call and let them know. I got a call 4 minutes later that I answered but I didn’t hear anything and said “Hello” 3 times. I figured it would be something they can ask when I get there as I was driving in the rain and trying to hurry. When I walked in, I waited in line for about 5 minutes. The girl that I spoke with said my appointment was cancelled because they can only hold it for 10 minutes. I said I’d called and let you guys know that I’d be 10 minutes late. She said let me go check and see if we can keep it. She came back and said she spoke with her manager as well as Dr. Geralde’s nurse and decided that I’ll have to reschedule, but that they’d waive my No-Show fee. I’m now sitting in my car in tears because I really needed this appointment and I left my work an early before my appointment to attempt to make it to there early. I’m extremely disappointed with my experience both times with this office and I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I like Dr. Geralde's holistic approach to medicine. for routine visit/minor health issues I see his PA or NP, both are great. Very busy office Stone Oak location.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Geralde used to be a wonderful Doctor when his practiced first opened... Unfortunately for his patients that is no longer so, he has opened several practices. Now it's more about money then patient care. The front office manager is rude. Changing doctors. I feel I pay too much for medical insurance to put up with this.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

BEWARE, this office takes a photocopy of your credit card and saves it in their computer. This is NOT secure. With all of the security breaches, you'd think they'd know better. If you refuse, they will not see you as a patient. ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Geralde has eaten some of the same dirt as a fellow Army vet. Humble, he has done a lot for his country and most importantly his patients. He leads from the front and sets an example for his patients staying healthy.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

He is very thoughtful and complete. He takes the time to educate and addresses all my concerns before I leave. Excellent physician. I have recommended Dr. Geralde to my feiends and family.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Currently 4 of 4 stars | show details by Allen on Jun 1st, 2013 I had been seeing the other doctor there for almost a year. I have diabetes and hypertension. I was told at every visit my labs were good and my meds were never changed. I recently saw Dr. G this month and he kindly reviewed my labs. I discovered with his very thorough review and explanation that my diabetes was not controlled for various reasons, I had multiple nutritional problems contributing to my bad neuropathy, and that I had a thyroid problem that Dr. Bolfing failed to tell me about but Dr. Geralde thankfully worked up and I subsequently received a biopsy which confirmed Dr. Geralde's diagnosis of an autoimmune disease. I have not felt this great in years. My energy levels are up, my legs and hands don't burn at night and I can actually sleep through the night without using the bathroom. Dr. Geralde is a highly sought after physician and I can see why. I agree with the other reviews he is the best

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

This office has gone to hell since the other doctors left. It is plainly obvious why they left. Dr. Geralde is a selfish and rude doctor who is more concerned with his outfit and hair than a patient's well being. BEWARE other patients, when you have the gall to question Dr. Geralde and his shady insurance practices he will find a way to retaliate. We run out of our daughter's daily medication today, so to stick it to us Dr. Geralde wrote our prescription for next week. The true mark of a man who is in the wrong line of work for the wrong reasons. Dr. Geralde's is a doctor who is not only remarkably rude and condescending, but will retaliate at every chance. Dr. Geralde's immature behavior brings great shame to North Hills Family Medicine and military medicine. Hopefully he'll be out of business soon, he's brings disgrace to the San Antonio medical community.

Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Geralde is an phenomenal physician. He is busy but takes the time to address all your complaints all at once and is very thorough and detailed. He provides a holistic approach to your health care and takes the time to explain the diagnosis and management recommendation to improve your health.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Geralde is a very rude person, who has lack of respect for his patients and his staff. His bedside manner is awful. He is just there to make his money and that's it. He spends less than 15 minutes with you at a visit, he tells you he is coming right back and never comes back, instead he sends his medical assistant in to give medications and we are told we are free to go. We informed the medical assistant that he did not give us time to ask our questions. The medical assistant tried to bring him back in the room with out success. She said we can send him a message and call you when he responds. His front desk also talks about patients freely at the front desk and the front desk is quite rude as well.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr. Renato A. Geralde's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathy (Grad. 1996)