Ratings for Dr. Heather Lurie

I loved Dr. Lurie until she sent me for a sonogram and Indiscovered a13 cm fibroid growing in my uterus that was the cause of all my discomfort. I don't hear from Doctor Lurie about my results so I called the office after week and left messages upon messages upon messages. To the point that her staff acknowledged her irresponsibility with me . I called religious for 2 weeks and left about 15 messages with no follow up. After weeks of trying, 8i decided to ask for my records and I am happy to report, that I had an amazing appointment with a new gyn . Dr. Lurie , it makes me sad that you would do this to a patient '

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I used Dr. Lurie for 8 years when I lived in NYC and she was absolutely marvelous. Wish more ob docs were like her.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

What a wonderful experience this was. Dr. Lurie took a tremendous amount of time with me. I never felt rushed or intimidated. She has a calm presence and I can't say enough good things about her!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lurie for about 10 years. She is a fabulous doctor and a kind woman. She is thorough in her exams, listens, chats a bit, is warm and returns important phone calls. She recommended a doctor to me for elective surgery. That doctor was incredible, as well, AND Dr. Lurie attended the surgery! I have recommended her to many friends, they have all agreed with me.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I can say for both myself and my 16 year old daughter, she is a wonderful physician. She is caring, attentive, prompt, professional, and spends time talking and answering questions. She called me at 9:30 on a Friday night to follow up with a request I had made that afternoon. She has also studied pediatric gynecology, and it's very hard to find a pediatric gynecologist. She was wonderful with my daughter, who had a traumatic and unusual gynecological issue in her early teens. I highly recommend her for both routine and specialized care.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I saw Dr. Laurie for the first time this week. First off, I was able to get a 5:30 p.m. appt, which is very helpful and very hard to find. The wait time was ~2 minutes, another plus. The woman who took me into the room was personablle and very professional. Dr. Laurie herself spent time with me, asking all the right questions. Overall, I found the whole experience to be very positive.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

I have seen Dr. Lurie for around 10 years, first as a gyn pt and then as an ob patient for my two children. I love her and the practice. They are caring, knowledgeable, and professional. I'll never forget when I called to ask a question about a gyn procedure I was a little nervous about, she answered my questions patiently and then a few days later, I found a pamphlet she had sent me in my mailbox, explaining the procedure a bit more. She ALWAYS has time for your questions. She is not the most warm and fuzzy doctor, but more matter-of-fact, and most of the time, that is just fine with me. The exception was when I was in labor- she was kind of no-nonsense, which was just not the right fit for me. She was on call the previous day and all night and stayed for hours after her shift finished, hoping to deliver my baby, but in the end, her colleague Dr. Robin Brown, who is also wonderful, did. Overall, though, I adore Dr. Lurie and the practice and would not go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Lurie for 9 years. I see her 4 times a year b/c i have regular abnormal paps. She always spends time to talk with you, will sit and answer questions, and is very gentle with procedures. I am planning on getting pregnant in 6 months or so, and am glad that she will be my doctor. The front desk staff is a bit "unprofessional" but I care more about what happens in the exam room, not the waiting room.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

Love this doctor and her staff...I wont go any where else. She answers all of our questions. She even went out of her way to find a specialist for me when something other then a gyn problem came up. I cant say enough great things about this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2009

Dr. Lurie is great. She calls me at the house to follow up to make sure my medicine is working. She answers my husband's questions. She spends alot of time in the exam room with me. She going over everything we me and my husband. The staff is great. I never had a problem with any of them.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2008

Dr. Heather Lurie's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1986)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union