Ratings for Dr. Erica N. Horn

Three weeks after Dr. Horn performed an endometrial ablation on me I returned to her office complaining of fever, severe distention and pain in my abdominal and female areas. I also gave her a urine sample the color of dark sweet tea. Dr. Horn was very dismissive of all my symptoms and was very hesitant to submit my urine sample for testing. She recommended I take Gas X and Mylanta and to drink Sprite. When I asked if I should go to the ER she rolled her eyes and said, "You are NOT ER material!" The next day I went to the ER and after a CT scan I was rushed to emergency surgery to remove a 10cm abscess mass in my abdomen including a full hysterectomy. The doctor on call who performed the surgery said my condition was life threatening and that I had developed a very bad case of peritonitus. Two weeks after surgery I called Dr. Horn's office and they had no record of my urine analysis or the two previous ultrasounds taken before my initial surgery. Dr. Horn has not followed up on me at all since my surgery. I would never recommend Dr. Horn to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Three weeks after Dr. Horn performed an endometrial ablation on me I returned to her office complaining of nausea, severe abdominal and vaginal pain as well as fever and submitted a urine sample that was dark brown in color. Dr. Horn dismissed all of the symptoms and told me to take Gas-X and Mylanta and drink Sprite. She did not want to even submit my urine sample for analysis. She rolled her eyes and told me I was not emergency room material when I asked should I go to the ER. The next day I went to the emergency room and had emergency surgery to remove a 10 cm abscess mass and a full hysterectomy and was diagnosed with a severe case of peritonitis. Thank goodness for the new OB/GYN doctor that performed a successful surgery. Two weeks after my surgery I was notified that Dr. Horn's office never received a conclusive test on my urine analysis. I suspect they never sent it in. It is been two weeks since my emergency surgery and I have neither heard from the office or from Dr. Horn to even check on me. Do not go and see Dr. Horn!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Rude and highly unprofessional. Completely disregarded my post surgical pain.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Not happy with this doctor. Could not get straight answers and was always telling the worst that could happen to you.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Dr. Erica N. Horn's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 2000)

Amerigroup