Ratings for Dr. Ali Hendi

By far the best bedside manner, friendly demeanor, punctual and most importantly, a good and detailed diagnostic findings. I know people that have had basal cell carcinomas and were treated by Dr. Hendi. I remained impressed by his cosmetic ability to remove the lesion and the lack of scarring. I suspected a basal cell on my nose. I wanted him to be the one to remove it. He told me it was not a carcinoma and I will follow up with him in 4 months. I was impressed with his warm and friendly demeanor and the time spent examining my whole body for cancers. I will highly refer this doctor to all my clients and friends. The office was updated and spotless. The staff is A+. Totally impressed.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

You get 5-star ratings when you deliver exceptional medical care of the highest possible quality. Plain and simple, every person in that office is committed to the patient. I have had two successful MOHS surgeries performed by Dr. Hendi -- no complications, no questions left unanswered, and no reason not to return if the need ever arises again. This practice has earned its superior ratings.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Dr. Hendi and his staff are top notch. They are professional and very caring. They explain everything in advance of what they are going to do. I had MOHS surgery done and he was fabulous. Fortunately for me it was Melanoma in situ which is stage 0 and he was able to get it all in one visit. Dr. Hendi even followed up the next day to see how I was feeling. What an extraordinary office. I had a referral for him and another surgeon and he had the better reviews/skills by far. Before I even met him, I felt very confident that he would do a great job; his credentials speak for themself.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Excellent staff, Doctor Hendy is excellent, He removed my melanoma skin cancer in second stage@ he did follow up and their staff! I got surgery almost two years and i WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Absolutely incredible, very helpful. I've never felt so welcome than with Dr. Hendi. He really knows his profession!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Dr. Hendi is an exceptional doctor with a wonderful staff. He has performed Moh's Surgery twice on my leg in two different areas, and I have nothing but rave reviews for every procedure and office visit I've had. Dr. Hendi even makes personal phone calls to follow up and make sure you are doing alright after surgery - that's unheard of today! And 5 months after my most recent procedure, his staff just called to check up on how I am healing. I have been extremely impressed with Dr. Hendi's bedside manner and professionalism. I highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Hendi by Dr. Shelly Hall, dermatologist, for a squamous cell skin cancer on my right shin. This office exudes professionalism, punctuality and precision. Dr Hendi is sensitive with a pleasant manner and detailed in his diagnosis and treatment. I would highly recommend this physician and his very efficient staff.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

If you have any suspicious skin issues (moles etc) or have a family history of skin cancer, SEE THIS DOCTOR! He performed MOHS surgery to remove a basal cell on my forehead with minimal scarring (no one can see it unless I point it out). Communications skills-excellent! Office staff-THE BEST! Concern for you as a patient- AMAZING. I cannot possibly say enough good things about Dr. Hendi. I trust him implicitly--I even sent my 18 year old daughter to see him for mole removal and biopsy. He treats you (the patient) like you're part of his family -- with that level of care and concern. He's a lovely man and exceptional doctor!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Hendi has amazing bedside manner and the staff make you feel very comfortable. The office is homey- there was even tea and cookies! The visit and the results were even better than I expected and I have nothing but good things to say. I've told all my friends and family to come here because I know they will be treated in the best way possible.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Ali Hendi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Hendi graduated, with honors (Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa), from the University of Miami with a degree in Microbiology and Immunology. In 1999, he received his Doctor of Medicine degree, with highest honors (Alpha Omega Alpha) from the University of Miami School of Medicineas a member of the accelerated Medical Scholars Program. He received his training in Internal Medicine and Dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh. Thereafter, he pursued fellowship training in Mohs and reconstructive surgery under the directorship of Drs. John A. Zitelli, and David G. Brodland, former presidents of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). In 2004 Dr. Hendi joined the Department of Dermatology at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida as the youngest faculty on staff. There he served as a skin cancer specialist and Mohs surgeon dedicated to providing exceptional service, research and resident education. As an Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Dr. Hendi was the primary investigator of two research projects, with implications on melanoma diagnosis and wound healing. Dr. Hendi has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. His most recent book, the Atlas of Skin Cancers, was published in 2011. He serves as a reviewer for the journal Dermatologic Surgery. He is a frequent speaker at national and international meetings and the inventor of the Hendi-Frazier, and Hendi-Roth skin hooks. In 2008 he relocated to the Washington DC area and opened a state of the art surgical facility, dedicated to the treatment of skin cancers, in Chevy Chase, Maryland. He continues to be active in the academic arena, and is involved in resident education at Georgetown University / Washington Hospital Center Dermatology Residency Program. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at the Georgetown University Medical Center. He is board certified in dermatology, and a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Mohs Surgery.

• Spanish
  • Persian

• University of Miami (Grad. 1999)

• Mohs surgery