Ratings for Dr. Nancy R. Church

Excellent service--attention to detail. Dr. Church is one of the best surgeons around.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Disappointing. Went to Dr. Church for a second opinion. I did not feel that she was attentive - the results from the ultrasound she had ordered contradicted what I was dealing with in the first place. She didn't even catch that - I had to explain everything again and ultimately left the office more confused. She was twenty minutes late for the first appt of the day, and I did not feel she prepared for my appointment. Finally, she was not quick to follow up with the results after I explained there was a contradiction. Maybe she is a good doctor if you're not dealing with special circumstances, but in my case I would not recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Stay away, far far away from this woman! Horrible doctor!!! Lots of lawsuits in the Cook County Courts.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I went to Dr. Church for my last child. The staff was hit or miss, sometimes very friendly at the front desk. The nurses were mediocre. Sandy the nurse practitioner was ok but why would I want to see her for my check ups when she wouldn't be delivering my baby, therefore couldn't answer all my questions. Dr. was very nice and compasionate on some days & just ok on others. I had a emergency c-section and she did rush from her office to hospital quick and seemed to do her best to take care of me. I had a lot of burning in my incision, possibly from the surgical glue. I didn't think the circumsicion was performed great either. I know she is very big on being healthy and NOT over weight.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I love Dr. Church. She is very kind and thoughtful. She is very compassionate. I would tell any and everyone to go to Dr. Nancy Church.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I think Dr. Church and her staff are AMAZING! I have seen Dr. Church a few times and every time I see her, she spends so much time with me, answering my questions and making sure I leave her office feeling comfortable. Sandy is super sweet and answers all of my questions(I ask A LOT of questions) without making me feel stupid. The nurses are great and I LOVE talking to the receptionists. I went through three years of infertility issues and I really felt that everyone in the office cared about our situation and was pulling for us to "win". I wouldn't change my doctor for anything! =)

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

The staff is extremely nice, but the doctors, or rather nurse practitioner because it is hard to see Dr. Church, are not. They are both rude and unfriendly nevertheless. The nurse gave me LoEstrion birth control, which costs $80! I immediately called the doctor complaining and she called me dumb for buying it, but I had no choice, since my period started the next day. She tells me that she can call in a prescription, which she did not do for 2 months. The pill ended up causing immediate numbness in my right arm after taking it, which disappeared after getting off the pill. After doing research, women are getting together to sue the company because many have gotten blood clots from the pill, even after being on it for a month and experienced similar pain as me. Either go to a new doctor or do your research before you visit here!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Dr. Church has delivered 5 of my babies.I do like her, she always listens to me and is very nice. I have never been spoken down to or made to feel i was not important.She always called me back when i called for her. She was excellent when i was going through a miscarriage. I did love love Cathy who is now gone.Her knew side kick i am not fond of, she has zero personality. I will be finding a new Doctor after I have my last baby, but it is not because of Dr. Church or how she deals with patience.It is because she is very busy and kinda hard to see,If she had a better mid-wife I would stay. The nurses by the way are beyond fantastic !! I love them to pieces. I also have been told by one of my pediatricians who was looking for a gynecologist that she is know to be on of the best Doctors for c-sections.I have had 4 and let me tell you the recovery was very good and she did come in my room and check on me.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

I used Dr. Church as my OB for my first son. She constantly called me overweight and when I asked for help with nutrition she replied I needed to stop eating for two (that was it). During delivery my son ended up being 10lbs instead of the predicted 8 lbs and I had pretty substantial damage. Dr. Church did not perform an episiotomy. After delivery while she and a very helpful intern stitched me up, she did not use enough anesthetic and when I complained she said it was my fault for not getting an epidural. The following day, when she came for my 1st and only hospital visit (even though I was there 4 days) she did not examine me or come out of the doorway. She never told me she prescribed any medication but I found out later when the nurses inquired. I do not recommend Dr. Church at all.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Church put an interuterine birth control device into me knowing that I had recurring bacteria infections. The infection spread to my blood stream and I was in horrible pain due to severe inflammation for months while undergoing several tests by several specialists to try to figure out what was wrong with me. Dr. Church didn't even care and refused to believe it was related to the IUD. It was my FOOT DOCTOR who diagnosed me in the end because he took the time to research it. I would still be severely sick today if it wasn't for my foot doctor. Besides that, I owe thousands of dollars in medical bills even though I am and have been a healthy person. I just got screwed by her laziness. She showed up an hour late all dressed up and said she just came from surgery. I hardly believe her. I don't think her priorities are straight. I'm very dissappointed.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. Nancy R. Church's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1990)