Ratings for Dr. Svetlin S. Ivanov

I waited over an hour for Dr. Ivanov even though I could hear him clearly outside my waiting room making small talk with the nurses. I am 7 months pregnant and just like the prior reviews the doctor seemed bothered by my presence right when he entered. I was second guessed by any answers I provided. The doctor asked irrelevant questions as to what I did for a living. The entire experience was very uncomfortable and traumatic. The doctor was very aggressive with the exam. After the initial exam we were told by the nurse to meet with Dr. Ivanov in his office to go over the exam results. The doctor took a personal phone call right in front of us and explained very little to nothing about the exam and health of my baby. Also the doctor is Bulgarian and speaks Russian, but when asked if he can speak Russian during my exam he said he did not speak the language. I asked the nurse afterwards and she stated the doctor does speak Russian fluently! I would highly recommend finding a different doctor that has the basic human ability to express and show care and compassion. I cannot emphasize enough in my 30 years of living that this was the worst experience with a doctor! I will be reporting Dr. Ivanov and speaking with the director of Winthrop hospital.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017