Ratings for Dr. John B. Holds

Today was my last follow up appt with Dr Holds and I could not be happier . The eyelid surgery was a complete success and I've never seen better. The staff was wonderful too. I would strongly recommend Dr Holds and the complete staff. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

MOHS surgery removed a large portion of my lower lid and Dr. Holds was able to reconstruct my lower lid and now my cornea is healing and my vision restored.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Holds corrected my severe Ptosis due to CPEO with Frontalis Slings several years ago. This is not an easy surgery in that not every ophthalmologist has the skill to do it correctly and it often fails. In surgery he was very strict with the staff as to sterile procedures, so I healed quickly without complications. I now have perfect eyelid position and movement. Cosmetically, it is not noticeable and my perky eyes make me look younger. I'm able to see better, continue working, and look people in the eyes without feeling self conscience. Dr. Holds also closely oversees fellows thru SLU so their results are good too. I did return for correction of the lid placement once and he was very accommodating and got it right. If I need f/u in the future I will go back to him. I highly recommend Dr. Holds for dealing with the special mitochondrial disease eye problems.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Consented to have surgery while awake to save money. I was awake entire time as sleeping pill worked opposite on me. Surgery went well; however, I had upper and lower blepharoplasty, with ptosis repair in January 2013 and was assured this would last for YEARS. My upper lids have already dropped dramatically and almost touch my eyelashes again. I was told my fresh new look would last at least 10 years. Greatly disappointed to say the least.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

I do not feel Dr. Holds provided us with sufficient information prior to surgery. I took my daughter for ptosis repair of her eye. At no time prior to surgery did he ever mention removing part of the eyelid, yet during surgery that is what he did. Now my daughter feels like one of her eyes is less hooded than the other. I do not feel this was necessary and it was done without our knowledge. Also, we were never told this surgery could be performed from under the eyelid without having to cut the eyelid at all. We were not given this option which we would have preferred. I only discovered the method after the surgery. Lastly, during one office visit, Dr. Holds left our room to take a phone call and never returned.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Holds was the BEST! I had surgery on 10/26/11,, Lower eye lids, and Lazer resurfacing. I am very pleased and would recommend him to anyone. It's always smart to go the the BEST!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

Dr. John B. Holds's Credentials

• Southwestern Homeopathic Medical College And Hospital (Grad. 1983)

Centene