Ratings for Dr. Lee M. Jampol

Dr. Jampol made me feel very uncomfortable and talked to me as if I was inferior. He completely disregarded my financial concerns, and in the end, was unwilling to help me in any way when I could not afford the tests he wanted. He seems to be concerned about the money he can make and not about the patient's health. I had the worst experience with him of all the doctors I have seen in the past. I would not recommend his services.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

I have a rare eye condition,saw several doctors,& was recommended to see Jampol. Was unhappy w/his office from the start but my doctor ensured me Dr J knew what he was doing. Took 2 wks just to schedule an appt b/c I would call & leave messages that were never returned. Finally begrudgingly had a month til my appt,& needed to know how much $ to bring b/c I had no insurance. This again took numerous calls & unreturned messages. 1st saw Dr J's asst, who was VERY nice/helpful. Saw Dr J,was immediately disappointed. He talked over my head, treated me like an idiot,& made me feel belittled. He ordered me take 2 tests(that I already had done once)that day and 2 more to be scheduled. He had absolutely no regard for the fact that I told him I was a cash patient. Was supposed to take the 2 more tests, had an appt, again tried to find out how much $ I needed. Was told diff amounts, finally $100. 2 days b/f appt, they said needed $900 min. Tried to work out $ w/them, but they wouldnt. CANCELLED.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

He is one of the best doctor I ever had. I have been going by him for 17 years and I am very grateful for his experiences which helped me alot. He have very special skills which I can't describes about him. His staffs are the greatest, very professional manners which helped me more relaxing when I visited Dr. Jampol. If he see somethings wrong with your eyes, he will take care of it quickly. That is kind of doctor I need. Greatest Specialist Doctor in Chicago. Believe In Him! Thank God for his skills.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2006

Dr. Lee M. Jampol's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)