Ratings for Dr. Stephen T. Tafaro

This man is a fraud. He is not even train in the field and screwed um my daughters braces.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

My child went there for her 3year check up and he said we had to put her under at the hospital so he could do his job. The office called me and said that she was approved by my health insurance for her to be put under. So the day we went and the put a cap on one of her baby teeth cause it was infected. When we got the bill for the hospital it was 12,800 dollars cause it was not approved. The Dr office could not understand why I had such a high bill until I found out from the hospital that they did not use any codes for the hospital. Now it has been over a year and I am still fighting with them. It's all about money for them. And they are very nasty and talk down to you once they find out you work at any job below them

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

My experience with Dr. Tafaro has been mixed but I have noted a serious decline in recent years in his practice and attitude. My children have seen him since they were babies and they are now in high school. I have transferred to a new dentist for a few reasons. One, he offered to put braces on my child's teeth even though he is not a trained orthodontist. Seems like he just wants to make money - not do the job he is trained to do. Second, he totally missed the fact that my daughter had a decaying tooth at her annual check up. I had to have the tooth surgically removed a month after he saw her by another dentist. He also failed to note that my son's teeth had broken enamel on them. I have had to go to another dentist. Now that I am transferring out of his practice he is charging me to get my children's medical records! Maybe this is a current medical practice but it seems wrong to me. His staff - especially his dental hygienists are lovely people who have treated my children very well over the years.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I have three boys who I wouldn't choose any other denist. We travel a half hour to see him. Very experienced and knowledgeable about children needs and wants. My boys absolutely prefer him over their original one.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

My daughter need to have dental work for a flouride issue that was explained to have been caused when she was an infant and had a very high fever. My wife worked with the staff and set up the pre-screening. The Dr. stated the procedure and the work should be completed at the Hunterdon Medical Center. An Insurance pre-screening was completed and the agreement we entered was to pay $500 out of pocket and then $600 post. I paid all of this and then was hit with another bill for an additional $1,500 I was told that they never entered an agreement with me for a predetermined price. Best part was since it was in the hospital and they sent us and we were told it would be covered under medical ins. The Dr entered the wrong codes. So the Hospital is going after me for 12k. when I called the Dr.asking him to enter the correct codes I was told he would then his staff called and said he would not enter the correct code unless I paid him. I advised the good Dr. I will be filling an ethics complaint

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I have been go to this dentist for 13 years since my son was 2 and have had nothing but the best care for him. he came in on a sunday when my son fell at the age of wo and exposed his roots. He has been very perfessional and my kids are now 15 and 12 I highly recommed his office. i do miss however the old staff they are much nicer than the ones he has today. hope this helps

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

this office is unprofessional in both personal and business relations. I know first hand and I wouldnt refer this business to ANYONE. Research other pediatric dentist.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

I heard doctor tafaro from my sister in law saying he great and all the story . When I took my daughter was great , but when it came to my year old son he was nasty and rude . He said one if the nerve from my son is dead and he need a baby root canal and he started to show his true color just nasty. Anyway one of his secretary called in the morning saying your son has an appointment and I told them I called them a night before the secretary didn't care . I told her I took my son to dr. Crystal she said ok I'll cancel and then around 2:30 pm the secretary said that doctor tafaro don't want to see my daughter either I said ok he said that their was no need for a second opinion on my son I was like yes I do have the right . He nasty and rude . I don't recommend at all . Stay far away with your a year old baby and if you had other kids just take them somewhere else. Just out of madness he won't see your other child.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Dr. Tafaro is the worst example of a healthcare provider I have ever met. He was rude, condescending, and uncaring. I would not recommend him to ANYONE!!!! We are never going back.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

The doctor treated us as if we were uneducated... Very rude and obnoxious... No way to run A PEDIATRIC PRACTICE......NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011