Ratings for Dr. Allen D. Pettee

I had been struggling with sleep issues related to neurologic issues without any relief so I was referred by my pcp. Dr. Pettee showed great skill as a diagnostician, and provided a different approach to the issue. Since then,he and his staff have been great at getting back to me in a timely fashion and addressing my concerns. Dr. Pettee even called me back personally which, in my experience with doctors, is a rarity these days! As far as the fees, my insurance covered the majority so I have no complaints there either.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

My complaint is that I was grossly overcharged for services only partially received during an initial diagnostic visit for peripheral neuropathy. I'd been to another specialist just before then and was charged $160 for the appointment and $80 for xrays (total bill: Not my portion). That appointment included the services of an extra xray technician, and an exray machine that had to cost over a million dollars. My bill for an appointment with Dr Pettee that lasted UNDER one hour was $240 for his time, PLUS $1,140.00 for a conductivity procedure that he did (clumsily) himself. The machine looked like an old dilapitated laptop with tangled wires that kept falling out of the machine as he struggled to get them to stick to my arms and legs. While there, Dr Pettee commented how the insurance companies are the culprits in our present healthcare crisis. In the letter I sent to his office upon receipt of his bill for that visit, I made clear that in my view HE'S the problem. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2012

Staff is pleasant enough. Longest wait time has been 10 minutes. Upon first visit doctor was brusk, interrupted me several times and dismissed my concerns for symptoms. Found him to be extremely arrogant and rude. I assumed he was just having a bad day. On subsequent visits he has listened well and explained things clearly, but still is very arrogant and pretty dismissive of my concerns- treating my multiple years of unexplained agaonizing and debilitating symptoms as - "not that bad". He has made no suggestions nor has done any testing to determine the underlying cause of my strange symptoms. Would recommend if you have simple common illnesses needing treatment but not for any diagnostic assistance or serious ailments.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Allen D. Pettee's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1991)