Ratings for Dr. Byron D. Rosenstein

If you want a doctor who drops you when his surgery does not go correctly, choose Dr. Rosenstein. Dr. Rosenstein performed what he called a "minor, bandaid repair" on my lateral meniscus. Said I'd be running the rest of my life. Post-surgery, he prescribed me a written course of treatment that included two weeks of PT, ice and rest. I followed this to a tee. I am a runner whose mother died young. I run so I don't die young like she did. I have lived my entire adult life without family support, having one salary to support myself. I am meticulous with my health. Six weeks after this "minor repair", I was in more pain than before the surgery. I went back and saw him, but he kept telling me to go home, ice and take ibuprofen. No x-ray, no MRI, nothing. These follow up visits were rushed, less than five minutes of face time, and gave zero support or advice that would help. Finally, after four months and several rushed visits where he basically ignored me, I called up on the phone and asked his assistant why he was not recommending follow up imaging on my knee, if it had been months and I still was in pain. No answer to that question. None. At that point, I told her I am requesting an MRI. So he ordered an MRI. The insurance company denied it, however, because when they reached out to the doctor, he would not respond. Part of every MRI procedure involves the doctor okaying the procedure. How do I know this? When the MRI was denied, I called his office. I was told that "Dr. Rosenstein does not talk to insurance companies." I then talked to my insurance company, who said that this is a routine discussion that every orthopedic doctor partakes in. So then I decided to call ten other orthopedic offices throughout the metro Atlanta area. Every single one of them agreed with the insurance - the doctor has to okay the procedure verbally. It is a part of their jobs. So I called his office again, and explained this to the assistant, Shelby. Her words exactly - "I can make him do the peer to peer, but he is not going to like that." I said yes, go ahead. This is my right. He then did the peer to peer, because Shelby "made him", a three minute phone conversation. During the conversation, he told the insurance company that he did NOT endorse the MRI procedure. Out of spite. Because Shelby "made him". I am working with a new doctor now who got the MRI okayed immediately and is working with me to help me get my life of running back. I would recommend that doctor to the world. He discovered that the initial tear had not been fixed. Dr. Rosenstein is a volatile, temperamental doctor with a huge ego who cannot be wrong. If there is a chance he did not fix your problem, he will ignore you and not help you in further fixing it. I wasted $10,000 and a year of my life to this man. If I went to my new doctor, he probably would not have recommended surgery first, if at all.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

I had a partial knee replacement and LOVED Dr. Rosenstein, He was great to work with and had me home the day after surgery. Will go back to him anytime!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I had a total hip replacement. I have noting but positive things to say about Dr. Rosenstein. I was back at work in 6 weeks without a walker or crutches. I am living pain free!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I had a total knee replacement.. This man is too busy and acts like he doesn't care. My knee is in horrible shape. Would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

They did all the paperwork and made it easy. I had knee replacement and was back on my feet the day of the surgery although I stayed in the hospital two nights. The Doctor took into consideration my Diabetes II and the surgery was very successful. I was back to work within 5 weeks on the 1st knee and 6 weeks on the 2nd knee. The Dr. also took care of setting up my physical therapy. I was very happy with the whole deal. If I ever have the arthritis attack any other part of my body, I will make sure I go back to Dr. Rosenstein. Love how he treated me as an adult and answered my list of questions patiently. Also appreciate the workmanship.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I had a total knee replacement with some complications after surgery. Dr. Rosenstein's comments were "there is nothing I can do to help you... you are going to end up with a bad knee". It seems that if his surgeries do not go perfectly well, he just abandons his patient and goes on to the next one. Very poor doctor and would NEVER recommend him to anyone. All surgeries do not go perfectly well, but having a doctor you can trust in any situation is paramount. This is not such a doctor. He needs to learn humility and compassion for his patients.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Dr. Rosenstein has been nothing short of wonderful to work with. He takes his time to figure out the best treatment option possible and is incredibly thorough. I would definitely recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

Great doctor. Took the time to answer all my questions. Surgery went very well. Incredibly tiny incisions and PT says I've stayed ahead of recovery schedule due to a great surgery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

He is not a careing Doc. at all, he is easy to get upset when he is question about he's work I was told by him live with it deal with it, thats something to tell you patients!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

Dr. Byron D. Rosenstein's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1982)

Arise Health Plan