Ratings for Dr. James J. Tucci

A dangerous crackpot. My 4 day old daughter had hip dysplasia. He actually told us not to pick her up or hold her for a minimum of 16 weeks and that we should leave her flat on her back in a brace 24/7. After 16 weeks he would reexamine her and possibly recommend weaning her out of the brace for a few hours a day. He reluctantly acknowledged that, legally, we would have to put have to put her in a car seat to take her to doctor's appointments, but stressed that that was not ideal. My mother-in-law said, "But, babies need to be held." To which, somewhat confrontationally, he replied, "Why? Why do babies need to be held?" (The correct response would have been, "So they don't grow up to be psychopaths." but we were all a little to caught off guard to come up with snappy rejoinders). I picked her up in an awkward position that didn't interfere with the brace that kept her knees spread apart. "Can I hold her like this?" I asked. "You can," he said tersely, " but I wouldn't." And with that he left the room.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Tucci is not a good doctor. He is rude and seemed in a rush the three times I took my daughter to see him. Every single time he changed the prognosis. Also, one month after we went to see him, he recommended a vitamin treatment for her healing. Really? He couldn't give us that advice four weeks earlier? No, because he is always in a hurry. He would leave the room, sometimes more than once, when we were explaining my daughter's condition to him. When he was in the room, he would stand by the door, as if in a rush to leave. This doctor has very bad bedside manners and showed very little respect for my daughter's feelings. He seems experienced, but I cannot trust a doctor who treats his patients as if they were on a conveyor belt.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

A very talented Doctor, a little more bedside manner could be a plus but I'll take talent over all. He is a superb surgeon, and who you want operating if it comes to that.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Tucci treated my son's hip dysplasia after it wasn't picked up on be a radiologist. I was very satisfied with the results.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Horrible bedside manners; doesn't spend more than a minute or two with the patient, doesn't explain things clearly, delegates most of the work to his staff, and "I don't know. It's in God's hands!" is not the answer you'd like to hear from any physician especially when it's about your child. We have been to his office 3 times, and every time we have left more confused than before. I'm taking my son to another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

I completely agree with the previous reviews. I waited a reasonable amount of time. During my initial entrance to the exam room I was questioned by another doctor whose phone continually rang through the exam. It was very distracting for me and my son. I offered to give him a minute if he had an emergency and he declined. And the phone continued to ring. When Dr. T finally came in, he asked a few questions, made a call to another Dr and examined my son all in 5 minutes time. I think his diagnosis was reasonable but I am not use to pediatric doctors being so stand offish with children and their parents. I was disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

I do agree with some the previous ratings...After waiting for 45 minutes it took Dr. Tucci about 20 seconds to examine my child....An hour later when kindly asked to review my child's x ray results he stated that "THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT AT THIS TIME" even though he had no patience waiting to be seen. He also stated that he has more important things to do and so I had to wait from Friday until Tuesday for the results. I also have to state that his staff is disrespectful....I guess they are a good match with Dr. Tucci....I would not recommend this doctor to anyone...if you can choose someone whom will not only be helpful but also respectful of you and you loved once...

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

He reminds me of a rabbit hopping around. He doesn't speak directly to you, and I needed some more information regarding a femur fracture. Turns out my child has a rare condition, which he is not knowledgeable with, even though his specialty is pediatric orthopedics.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Tucci has some of the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced for a doctor who specializes in working with children. His examination of my child took, literally, under 30 seconds and he could not be kept in the room long enough to answer my questions. He left the room while I was still talking to him! The few times he would answer my questions, he was extremely patronizing. These observations are not based on a single visit but rather six visits. Also, he is usually about an hour late in seeing my child. On a plus side, his staff are very friendly.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

Dr. James J. Tucci's Credentials

• Polish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1981)

MSP/BC Med