Ratings for Dr. Robert I. Meyerson

Arrogant and I got a complete misdiagnosis. Told me to see someone else and not bother him. Still charged me though.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I've had two knee surgeries and two rotator cuff surgeries from Dr. Meyerson. I return to him because he's established himself as an excellent surgeon and has developed a level of trust over the years. I certainly appreciate his good nature and humor, makes me feel very comfortable. I can only compare my experience to two other orthopedists, both of whom I didn't return to for various reasons. Dr. Meyerson explained things concisely and clearly and doesn't pull punches and spends enough time as needed to make informed decisions. Bottom line: excellent doctor, great rapport and a very efficient staff and have never had a negative experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I was made to feel like an idiot, he actually told me to stop turning up places complaining when I stated that I did not want another MRI due to the fact I have had 3 in 3 years. His advise to me was to stop running and just do some exercise on the bike. I just could not believe it, my doctor recommended I go see a specialist, due to the fact I have had this issue for so long. When I told him about my knee cap issue he actually laughed and said it sounded ridiculous until I explained it was a surgeon who had diagnosed this. Then he told me I just need to stop impact exercises, stretch my hamstrings and do weighted leg exercises. I explained that I do yoga and crossfit, I back squat more than my body weight and have flexible hamstrings, he said do you want an operation as that is your only other option. Arrogant would have been nice,

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Huh? PA told me I needed an MRI. Doctor didnt even look at knee said I was ok.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Unlike some of the other patients, I surprisingly have not had a positive experience with Dr. Meyerson. I found his personality rather flippant and dismissive of my symptoms. On paper he seems well-qualified and knowledgeable but in real life, I wouldn't recommend him to a friend or relative.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009

I had two total knee replacements done by Dr. Meyerson. I could hardly walk and had to leave my job because I could not do stairs or walk more than a few yards without pain. I am now going up and down steps and even running as well as taking long walks. I have no pain and I can even wear skirts up to my knees. He is an excellent, excellent, excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

I have had 2 ACL repairs care of Dr. Meyerson (R in 1997 and L in 2003). I was back playing rugby 10 months after the 1st and 6 months after the second and have had no problems with either. His manner is direct, respectful, and clearly, he gets the job done.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

Fractured my knee...Everyone said it could not be put together well every again. He put it together, pins, wires, functions well as before. Brilliant MD, and listens to you to boot. Top recommendation.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2006

Dr. Robert I. Meyerson's Credentials

• Italian

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1985)