Ratings for Dr. Bryan J. Kemker

He was rude to me and yelled at me. I am a college student who has parents that are nice enough to pay my way, for now. He wanted to do an X-Ray of the soft tissue in my neck and said I had to use DuPage and not American MRI. Seeing that American MRI is cheaper than going through insurance (by $400 dollars), I asked him to clear this with my mother and just explain to her why he needed DuPage over American MRI. He yelled at me and was very rude. Apparently he had talked to my mother earlier in the week and she talked his ear off, as a concerned mother would do (she also lives 2000 miles away from me). When I asked him to call her, he said, "You're a big girl, you can do it yourself.". I explained that she would not believe me (my mother thinks I always choose the most expensive route and I wasn't sure how to explain a $400 dollar difference) and he said, "That isn't my problem. I don't have time to talk to her for an hour. I'm busy.”. Now, I understand that my mother is a talker, but I also understand that he is a doctor, which means helping people and issues that may arise. Why would you go into a profession where dealing with people is 85% of the job? I was so displeased with him and the service that I was receiving. I was having so much pain and discomfort that my mother told me to find a new doctor. I agreed. Assuming I needed surgery, I would never trust him to work on me. This was the worst experience I have ever had through DuPage. Also, I had to take medical leave during that semester and the DuPage office helped me fill out the paperwork. I asked them to be as detailed as possible and they told me the school wouldn’t care what was on the paper if it wasn’t a legitimate diagnosis, so the paperwork was bare and they didn’t write down most of the issues I was having. When my medical leave was denied, I went to ask about it. I was told that the paperwork wasn’t detailed enough, so now I am going to my new doctor for more paperwork to be filled out. Regardless of there not being a real diagnosis, the college told me that the more information on the paperwork the better. I feel like the whole office was against me at that point. The lady I worked with was very nice at the DuPage office, however Dr. Kemker was not. I will not be going back. 0 stars.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

he was rude and dismissive, I waited for 90 min and he never even apologized. not going back.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr Kemker is impressive, he did a wonder job on my surgery last year. He is a perfectionist

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Dr. Bryan J. Kemker's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1993)

Pacificare